• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen Update

bch

Reaction score
Ricky's really playing catch-up. This was put up on www.jantzentailor.com: Due to overwhelming demand for our Made-to Measure shirt through our website, we are now working on the backlog orders. We apologize that we are not able to accept any New/Repeat orders of shirt before 18th February 2005.(after Chinese New Year). Please visit our site again. We take this opportunity to thank you for your generous support. Jantzen Tailor 15th January 2005.

bch

Reaction score
Got my shirt today. 15-day turn-around since Ricky's e-mail apologizing for overlooking my order from August. Looks like he's catching up.

Incidentally, buttons (thick MOP's) seem to be of a better quality than past shirts.

Thanks, Ricky.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Got my shirt today. 15-day turn-around since Ricky's e-mail apologizing for overlooking my order from August. Looks like he's catching up.

Incidentally, buttons (thick MOP's) seem to be of a better quality than past shirts.

Thanks, Ricky.
Glad to hear. I have been getting emails from Ricky almost hours after I send them in the past couple weeks, so he's really picking up the ball again, at least for the time being.

alaaro

Reaction score
I am hearing nothing but good things about Jantzen, so I am thinking of trying it out. Any suggestions for the newbie?

bch

Reaction score
If you usually wear RTW shirts, seriously consider ordering your sleeves about 1.5" longer than you may typically wear, and give a true measurement for your wrist. I went through several shirts before I realized that the tighter cuff and better overall fit require a longer sleeve.

Also, add shrinkage factor to your neck size. If you order 16.5", that's what you'll get. No allowance is made for shrinkage, making the shirt unbearably tight after a few washes. Measure a fully shrunken shirt that fits well, and add about 1/2" or a tad more.

Finally, for your first shirt pick a fabric that can be worn casually with an open collar until you dial in the fit. That way it can be salvaged as casual wear.

regularjoe

Reaction score
I am hearing nothing but good things about Jantzen, so I am thinking of trying it out. Any suggestions for the newbie?
A couple things I would suggest for submitting measurements (this is how I did it for myself and is by no means canon):

1. For chest, waist, and hips, break out the measuring tape and submit the numbers.
2. For shoulders, you can use your best fitting shirt with that respect and measure from shoulder seam to shoulder seam across the back. If you have a shirt that doesn't fit perfectly across the shoulders, you can take your best one and add/subtract inches as necessary.
3. I used my exact sleeve measurements and it worked fine for me, but some folks suggest to go longer ~.5 inch.
4. Instead of guessing shoulder slope, send Ricky a picture and let them determine. Worked OK for me.
5. Patience.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I received the three shirts I ordered in October. Great price, long wait. I will see how the fit issue adjustment went.

bryce330

Reaction score
I e-mailed Ricky about my shirt order I placed in August, and he immediately responded with an e-mail, then called me later that day to ask some questions about the shirts. He said he would do everything possible to expedite their delivery, so hopefully he is finally getting caught up with all of the back orders.

color_reporter

Reaction score
I placed my order for five shirts on Dec 22 and received them today. Everything else is fine but Ricky cut them too short. The difference between what I wanted and the actual shirts is as much as two inches, making look them odd when tucked out and hard to stay tucked in. I specified the same length as the last order, which fit me perfectly, but now for some reason they have been shorted by two inches.

What should I do? Does anyone have experience regarding a dispute like this and the outcome of it? Should I ask for a refund or exchange?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is odd, color_reporter. From what I've read here about Jantzen, I think you're best keeping the shirts, but specifying your length again when you call, and mentioning that they were shortened without asking on the last order.

It seems the conventional wisdom here is that the shirts are such a bargain it's not exactly fair to ask for a refund. Having yet to receive my first shirt, I don't know what I'd do in your situation.

1Dgaf

Reaction score
If they got his order wrong why shouldn't he ask for a refund? It's incumbent upon the manufacturer to make sure goods are fit for purpose, no matter how much of a bargain they may be.

bch

Reaction score
Get your refund. You're entitled regardless of the cost. Send Ricky and e-mail and tell him.

water

Reaction score
I once received an order that included sewn-in collar stays though I had ordered removable collar stays. I contacted Ricky and he requested I return the shirts. I did and he fixed his mistake.

I completely disagree with the idea that since the shirts are such a deal you should not expect a refund. If they were $10 and you did not get what you specified you would still have every right to ask for a refund or at least give him the opportunity to fix it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics