• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen turnaround time.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I need some new dress shirts for fall. I was thinking about getting the shirts from Jantzen.. how's the turnaround time.. is it still like 2 month min waiting time to get the shirt?

Thanks

troysparty

Reaction score
I put in my first Jantzen order in July. He charged my CC in early
August. I have not seen the shirt yet. He is not responding to my emails (based on comments in ths forum, I'm not surprise).

If I don't hear anything from him this week, I'm going to file a complaint with my CC company.

I've always heard Jantzen has poor customer service, but, it was worth doing business with him due to the value of his product. However, if he is going to start ripping off customers, we should spread the message "LET THE BUYER BEWARE".

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by troysparty
I put in my first Jantzen order in July. He charged my CC in early August. I have not seen the shirt yet. He is not responding to my emails (based on comments in ths forum, I'm not surprise). If I don't hear anything from him this week, I'm going to file a complaint with my CC company. I've always heard Jantzen has poor customer service, but, it was worth doing business with him due to the value of his product. However, if he is going to start ripping off customers, we should spread the message "LET THE BUYER BEWARE".
I think a more likely scenario is that the item is lost somewhere in the mail as opposed to Ricky ripping you off. Indeed, I've seen more posts from people that have received shirts that Ricky didn't charge for. However, if it was mailed in early August, you should have received it by now. I've certainly had more problems with USPS than with Ricky. Recently, I had 3 separate items purchased on ebay sent USPS that the post office showed as "delivered" and they didn't show up until 2 weeks later. Ricky sends stuff out regular mail and there is no tracking it. I also understand that Ricky doesn't post charges until he mails, but I have no way of actually confirming that. Also, you don't have much time to dispute the charges -- only 60 days. If you're going to dispute the charges, you need to do it soon. FWIW, my last shirt was charged on 28 August and I didn't receive it until last week.

mbc

Reaction score
I ordered a couple around Sept 7th... received an email yesterday confirming the order but asking for a different fabric selection as one of my choices was out of stock.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
my last order for 2 shirts came just short of 3 weeks after I initially placed the order...during which time I made about 2-3 changes and the shirts arrived with all changes made.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My orders have been quick lately, but I think I may be in Ricky's good graces given a number of recent orders.

Did anyone notice there was another price increase? I just saw it this morning.

Announcement:

Since, the cost of the monogram increased each logo addition HKD$20.00,
Also the cost of thicker button (thick MOP & thick Troca) increased. Each shirt with thick button addition HKD$20.00,
Thank you for your support.

Jantzen Tailor

01st., Sept, 2006.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I put in my first Jantzen order in July. He charged my CC in early
August. I have not seen the shirt yet. He is not responding to my emails (based on comments in ths forum, I'm not surprise).

If I don't hear anything from him this week, I'm going to file a complaint with my CC company.

I've always heard Jantzen has poor customer service, but, it was worth doing business with him due to the value of his product. However, if he is going to start ripping off customers, we should spread the message "LET THE BUYER BEWARE".

Yeah, the forum's collective voice certainly should be determined by the response of a first-time poster that ignores the extensively-documented experiences of many other posters over an extensive period of time.

c55

Reaction score
I placed an order at the end of august (3rd order) for 6 shirts and got them this past weekend...great turnaround, but the shirts were not up to par. They forgot the double button cuff, the split yoke, and gave me side pleats on the back. I wouldn't mind if it was for one shirt, but it was for six!! I'm a little dissapointed, and voiced this to Ricky, we'll see what happens.

Kevin

Reaction score
FWIW, Ricky's on holiday at the moment, in case you're trying to reach him about any orders. I couldn't acertain when he's expected to return.

troysparty

Reaction score
I spoke too soon. My shirt arrived today. It looks like it was postmarked last week (a few days after I sent my second email complaint). My initial take of the shirt is favorable. I hope it doesn't shrink much. It fits pretty well out of the box.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't shrink much. It fits pretty well out of the box.

i hand wash my shirts in cool/warm water, hang dry, then iron and none of them has shrunk to any degree I can notice.

pinchi22

Reaction score
I spoke too soon. My shirt arrived today.
I´m glad to hear that. My credit card was charged a few days after yours (Aug 9th), and nothing has shown up yet. I´ll call Ricky next week (hope he will have returned by then) if it still hasn´t arrived.

Kevin

Reaction score
Ricky is back in the saddle. Received a confirmation from him today for my order placed September 14.

Also - they just ran out of the chocolate twill.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got an email from him on the 7th for my order placed on Sep. 16th.

CommercialDoc

Reaction score
Any idea on turnaround for orders placed in October?

I placed my first order for one shirt on October 19. Any idead when I can expect to receive my shirt? Within a month?

I am very excited about using Jantzen and want to get my first shirt and hopefully order more as soon as possible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads