• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen Tailor

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone spoken to Ricky lately? I placed an order in August and I haven't received it yet. He won't respond to my emails either.

newtrane

Reaction score
I sent him an email a couple of days ago and got an immediate response.

Turnover on my shirts is getting better the longer I have been a customer - It is currently between 3 - 6 weeks.

I would give him a call and ask him if everything is ok.

Best regards.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order in July, emailed him a month after the order, then again in October, then again this morning. No reply to any of the emails. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I be worried that he's ignoring me and I won't get a chance to try out this wonderful opportunity?

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i placed an order in september and have not recieved it yet. prior to this he was taking 3 weeks max.

i ordered some heavier fabrics for the fall and winter but i suspect it'll be spring by the time i get my shirts.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I placed an order in July, emailed him a month after the order, then again in October, then again this morning. No reply to any of the emails. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I be worried that he's ignoring me and I won't get a chance to try out this wonderful opportunity?
V-Man, it sounds lately like he's only serving his frequent/returning customers. Is it your first order with Ricky?

aybojs

Reaction score
Yeah this is pretty ridiculous; I've placed orders in June, July, and August. Only one of them got any sort of response, and it was just "sorry we're out of that fabric." I might place another order in the next few days, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: I've placed 3 orders with Jantzen prior to this sequence, so I am a returning customer. At least from what I've noticed the people who seem to be getting responses are newer customers. This is so confusing.

Millerp

Reaction score
Same experience here. Still waiting for a July order.
Orders I placed last winter and spring were delivered
in 3 to 6 weeks.

jester

Reaction score
I placed my first order, for a sample, three weeks ago. I was just going to reply to this thread to say, "I placed my first order three weeks ago, and I really hope I don't have to wait six months," etc. But first I went past my mailbox, and IT WAS THERE.

Looks great, really. Seems that everything I specified was done. Can't wait to try it on, and then order another truckload.

Millerp

Reaction score
This is amazing. I wonder if forum members
from Hong Kong who order in person might be able to ask Ricky
if he is aware of the situation (not individually, but in general).
Ricky is reported to be a nice guy. Really hard to believe he
is intentionally ignoring some of us.

joseanes

Reaction score
I placed an order for a shirt long ago:
Oct 15 I order. I do not even get a confirmation message of the order.
October 19th I send an e-mail asking if they got the order.
Nov 20 - He replies saying he will send the shirt next week.

Apparently they need:
1) Better e-mail handling.
2) Better website interface.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(VersaceMan @ 22 Nov. 2004, 12:32) I placed an order in July, emailed him a month after the order, then again in October, then again this morning. Â No reply to any of the emails. Â Has anyone else had this problem? Â Should I be worried that he's ignoring me and I won't get a chance to try out this wonderful opportunity?
V-Man, it sounds lately like he's only serving his frequent/returning customers. Is it your first order with Ricky?
This is like my fourth order with Ricky.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is possible that this time of year may be particularly slow since September and October is a prime time for overseas Chinese to return to HK. When my wife was at the shop in September, she described it as an absolute madhouse with folk steadily coming in.

There is no question but that the shop provides first priority to walk-in customers. She ordered four shirts while there and they arrived in NYC about the same time she did from her 10 day trip to China and HK. I placed an ordered by e-mail at the same time and am still waiting.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(VersaceMan @ 22 Nov. 2004, 12:32) I placed an order in July, emailed him a month after the order, then again in October, then again this morning. Â No reply to any of the emails. Â Has anyone else had this problem? Â Should I be worried that he's ignoring me and I won't get a chance to try out this wonderful opportunity?
Yup, first time customer. Perhaps he is so backed up he is restricting first-timers.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
From what I've heard it's not so much restricting first timers as it seems to be pretty much random. My uncle said when he was there the entire floor was covered in manila envelopes with people's orders with only a narrow pathway to walk through. Not really the most advanced organizational system. Someone with some good business sense could probably make good money going over and streamlining that operation. Hell, I've considered offering to fix his website for a couple free shirts.

aarghh

Reaction score
I would advise trying to talk to Ricky over the 'phone. He does take immediate action based on 'phone converations, while email responses are spotty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads