1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jantzen tailor shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Jan 21, 2003.

1. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

For those of you who have purchased Jantzen Tailor shirts - how are they holding up? Would you still order from them?

2. Jantzen fan

Jantzen fan Member

A Harris - this would'nt be a trick question would it? If so it's quite funny.

You see, according to the 'new rules' governing this non-commercial orientated forum, such questions are only allowed one testimony by a client. See the 'Custom shirts' thread below, which sparked off a mini-controversy (and an amusing one at that).

But to answer your question, YES. I would definitely continue to repeatedly order from Jantzen (and I'll leave my answer at that).

3. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

My two shirts are holding up well, although Ricky forgot my last order (to his credit, however, he was very quick once I e-mailed to ask what had happened to it). The only problem I've had beyond that is that he ignored my request for 5mm troca buttons on the second shirt. [​IMG]

4. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not a trick question - I am genuinely interested.

I registered only a couple of weeks ago so I missed that whole controversy. However someone added a post to it yesterday so I was able to read it.

I must say I am quite excited about trying these shirts. I've got a ton of Borrelli, Lorenzini, Brioni etc. but very few of them are perfect. Neck is a bit small on some, sleeves a bit short on others, collar a bit small etc. I got them all for $10-$40 a shirt so I wasn't complaining too much.

However I would gladly wear a perfect fitting machine-made shirt with a great collar than I would a Borrelli that doesn't look quite right on me. And from the description and pictures on the website they are a step up in quality from some of the Thomas Pink, Faconnable, older Purple Label (the new ones are made by Lorenzini,) and lower end Zegna shirts I have.

I'm going to order two or three shirts and if I'm happy with them then I'll be ordering 3 more per month after that. If they look presentable all my other shirts are going to end up in ebay. And it could be a dream come true for my father who wears a 19" collar and a 38" sleeve.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. And if any of you have more comments, good or bad, on shirts you have already ordered please let me know.

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Jantzen Fan:

Very well posted. You are indeed following "the new Rules".
    Your participation in other topics is also welcomed and appreciated.