1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jantzen suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pg34, Nov 12, 2006.

1. pg34

pg34 Well-Known Member

I have a family member traveling to Hong Kong soon, and I'm considering having her drop by Jantzen with a set of my measurements and pictures to have them make me a suit. Any advice on how I can maximize the fit of the suit?

2. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I have a family member traveling to Hong Kong soon, and I'm considering having her drop by Jantzen with a set of my measurements and pictures to have them make me a suit. Any advice on how I can maximize the fit of the suit?

I suggest this is not a good idea. The advantage in going for Jantzen or any other bespoke suit maker is that you get several fittings to ensure that the suit is being cut to your body. While measurements and photos are helpful, they will not capture the idiosyncratic nuances of your body nor will the remoteness of the process enable you to identify tweaks that may be needed as you move forward.

As a seach of this site will readily reveal, many of the members, myself included, have had to go several rounds to get the m-t-m shirts to fit to desired specifications. While this is a method that makes sense for less than $50.00 per shirt, it seems less sensible for a suit that will run much more. Basically, suits are far more complex to make than shirts.

3. pg34

pg34 Well-Known Member

I suggest this is not a good idea. The advantage in going for Jantzen or any other bespoke suit maker is that you get several fittings to ensure that the suit is being cut to your body. While measurements and photos are helpful, they will not capture the idiosyncratic nuances of your body nor will the remoteness of the process enable you to identify tweaks that may be needed as you move forward.

As a seach of this site will readily reveal, many of the members, myself included, have had to go several rounds to get the m-t-m shirts to fit to desired specifications. While this is a method that makes sense for less than $50.00 per shirt, it seems less sensible for a suit that will run much more. Basically, suits are far more complex to make than shirts.

I think you're right. I'll see if I can find a local tailor. Maybe I'll just get some shirts instead.

4. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Or depending on what OTR you normally wear, sending something to copy (with some tweaks) might be an option

K