• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen shirt?

AAA

Reaction score
I thought I read that A. Harris recieved his Jantzen Tailor shirt in the mail a while back. Did he ever post his comments on the shirt? If not, I would love to hear what he thinks.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was hoping to wait until I took some pics but I'll have to do that later. I am not an expert on shirts but I did closely compare the Jantzen to some of my other shirts. Here are my observations:  

I will definitely be ordering again. The quality of the construction is quite good. I'd say as good or better than most Zegnas. Still a notch below Lorenzini and Brioni in some areas but it's not that far behind. I have not washed the shirt yet so I can't vouch for how it will look after wearing it for a while. I really don't anticipate any problems though.  

The stitches on the Jantzen are just as fine as a top shirt like Lorenzini, maybe even finer, but they aren't quite as arrow straight. The side seams are quite narrow - about the same as a Brioni although not as narrow as Lorenzini.

I ordered the extra thick shell buttons. They are very nice. Not as nice as say, Borrelli buttons (the shell is darker on some of the buttons, especially on the backs,) but they are still nicer than most everything out there. The buttons are cross-stitched and shank-wrapped. This can only done by hand and it insures that the buttons don't start falling off the first time you wear the shirt. Out of all my ready-to-wear shirts only Borrelli, Barba and Charvet have buttons that were attached by hand. The buttons on the Brioni, Lorenzini and Zegna shirts were attached by machine.    

The pattern matching across the back yoke and into the shoulder is perfect (I ordered a checked fabric.)

My only complaint with the fit is that the cuffs were cut way too large so the sleeve falls too far down onto my hand. I'm sure Ricky will remedy that with the next shirt.

All in all I'd say the shirt is worth about $175 - $200 at retail. However it only cost $38.00 and it is a true custom shirt.. A lot of guys pay that for a pair of socks. It has to be among the best, if not the best, price/value ratios in the menswear industry.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All in all I'd say the shirt is worth about $175 - $200 at retail
You know, if I were the unscrupulous type - which I'm not - right about here is where I'd smell a delicious US resale opportunity... Styleforum Shirts, anyone? Â
wink.gif
Kidding, only kidding, I kid... Right now, I'm waiting on delivery of a couple of shirts, cutaway-collared with four-inch collar points. It'll be either the perfect collar for both leisure and business, or otherwise, the worst style idea I've ever had. Â
biggrin.gif
Time'll tell...

AAA

Reaction score
Thanks for replying.  I was thinking about ordering some shirts myself, but I wanted to see some other opinions.  Some of the reviews on here have seemed.....well.....lets just call them a tad biased.

mbc

Reaction score
what's the URL for Jantzen?

Mitch D

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads