• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen sent me a completely RANDOM shirt!

Theo Moore

Reaction score
I ordered a shirt from Jantzen tailors in September. I got it today.

I gave them 3-4 possible fabrics to choose from, almost all of them olive green. The shirt they sent me fits fine, and the fabric is decent -- but it's CHECKERED PINK! (huh?!!?)

Jantzen 3488
Jantzen 3481
Jantzen 2230
Jantzen 3212

Am I crazy or are none of these checkered pink?

I've heard of Jantzen substituting different fabrics, but this is just ridiculous!

-------------------------

What should I do? It's a nice shirt, the tailoring is good, excellent fit, and I'd love to order more shirts from them in the future (assuming this was a one-off-thing). Should I tell them about the mistake and hope they send me a replacement?

Or do I simply keep quiet and next time get confirmation beforehand on the fabric.

Bird's One View

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must try Jantzen. This sounds very exciting.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Someone likely made a mistake transcribing the fabric number. Whoops.

I visited our friends in Central today. Everyone was in a good mood. I ordered a corduroy suit. Perhaps it will turn out pink.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
this happened to me once - ordered a white shirt - got a blue shirt. I emailed a ricky few times, never heard back from him, but also never got charged for the shirt. Jantzens is an adventrue!

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bird's One View
I must try Jantzen. This sounds very exciting.

+1. Not having used Jantzen before, I'm almost moved to order one just for the potential element of surprise.

Theo Moore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood
this happened to me once - ordered a white shirt - got a blue shirt. I emailed a ricky few times, never heard back from him, but also never got charged for the shirt. Jantzens is an adventrue!

Yes, this is what I assumed would happen (ignored). People have e-mailed before with problems in their order and that generally seems to happen.

I'll just let it slide. I don't look great with pink, but for $40, it's a decent buy. I'll just keep quiet this time.

dplenty99

Reaction score
I have ordered 14 shirts since August all great.
I would suggest copy and paste the full fabric #and description. I have not had any problem while doing this.
Plus if they email back the fabric is sold out then you have a immediate frame of reference of what is sold out.
Michael
rimshot.gif

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys buy from this outfit?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini
Seriously, I can't think of any respectable business, including in Asia, where this kind of crap is acceptable. Their customers must be completely foreign I think, because nobody local with an alternative would buy from somebody like that.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like jantzen for their surprises.

btw, none of my orders have ever taken more than a month, and none of them have ever been wrong =)

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Seriously, I can't think of any respectable business, including in Asia, where this kind of crap is acceptable. Their customers must be completely foreign I think, because nobody local with an alternative would buy from somebody like that.

Especially when Ascot Chang and the other tailors can be had for only $120 HKD more for 4 shirts (or $4 USD more per shirt) it doesn't make sense to go jantzen.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini

I've asked this before, because I wouldn't have the patience to deal with these sort of random events and generally inconsistent service, and the answers I've got boil down to cost and local availability.

I think it also depends on personality. If you have the patience and temperament to look on these sort of cock-ups as amusing bumps on the road, and cost is an absolute priority, then Jantzen seems to make a decent shirt (eventually). If, on the other hand, you want accurate, precise results every time within a relatively fixed timeframe, then Jantzen isn't for you. It's certainly not for me, but I do understand why it has some appeal to others. If it works for them, more power to those guys.

coogie

Reaction score
sounds like this guy gets away with murder. His shirts must be amazing as well as cheap. oh no wait, they're ****

why not just buy $5 shirts and get them adjusted to your size

v0rtex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason

From what more traveled members have said who have visited the shop in person, the shop does a roaring local trade and the online orders are somewhat of a sideline. This probably accounts for why they're still in business yet their online sales are so flaky.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads