• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen sent me a completely RANDOM shirt!

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my latest order last year, I mentioned in the remarks that I didn't want another pink or lilac shirt, knowing their tendency to substitute. You could do the same and mention that you do not want certain patterns or colors. This bit I'm very sure they will oblige.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viktri
Especially when Ascot Chang and the other tailors can be had for only $120 HKD more for 4 shirts (or $4 USD more per shirt) it doesn't make sense to go jantzen.

Am I missing sometime or has Ascot Chang reduced the prices for their shirts? I don't recall a time when Ascot Chang charged me under HKD500 for a shirt.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ yeah. I don't recall AC charging that cheap.

and regarding Jantzen: yeah you really get what you pay for. Unless you're in Hongkong and visit his place personally I still believe ordering from Ricky on line is a bad idea and not worth the savings.

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Theo Moore
The shirt they sent me fits fine, and the fabric is decent -- but it's CHECKERED PINK! (huh?!!?)
I think that's one of my shirts! I wonder what *I*
eh.gif
am going to get now.
bounce2.gif
Oooh... the excitement. This is much better than gambling.

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Theo Moore
I ordered a shirt from Jantzen tailors in September. I got it today.

I gave them 3-4 possible fabrics to choose from, almost all of them olive green. The shirt they sent me fits fine, and the fabric is decent -- but it's CHECKERED PINK! (huh?!!?)

Jantzen 3488
Jantzen 3481
Jantzen 2230
Jantzen 3212

Am I crazy or are none of these checkered pink?

I've heard of Jantzen substituting different fabrics, but this is just ridiculous!

-------------------------

What should I do? It's a nice shirt, the tailoring is good, excellent fit, and I'd love to order more shirts from them in the future (assuming this was a one-off-thing). Should I tell them about the mistake and hope they send me a replacement?

Or do I simply keep quiet and next time get confirmation beforehand on the fabric.

I just ordered some and got them a few days ago. I had the same exact issue. I got all my shirts except I got two of the same shirts! Both white. it would be one thing if he sent me the wrong one and was different but these were BOTH white. So weird. I wrote him an email and still waiting to hear back.

My shirts fit pretty well for the most part but two seperate people must have made mine because each shirt was slightly different in fit, buttons, and collar size than the other. also only half my shirts had the thick MOP buttons. only half had single button cuffs and the others with single buttons.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
Am I missing sometime or has Ascot Chang reduced the prices for their shirts? I don't recall a time when Ascot Chang charged me under HKD500 for a shirt.
Originally Posted by acidicboy
^ yeah. I don't recall AC charging that cheap. and regarding Jantzen: yeah you really get what you pay for. Unless you're in Hongkong and visit his place personally I still believe ordering from Ricky on line is a bad idea and not worth the savings.
If you go in the summer they have a special (in Sogo anyway, I didn't see it in IFC) where you can get 4 shirts and the least expensive of the 4 is free so you pay for 3 shirts and get 4. I got 4 shirts at 3x(500 to 600) HKD and 4 shirts at 3x(600 to 700) HKD and at the time the exchange rate was 7.9 hkd to 1 cnd $

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads