• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen Second Order

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my first shirt from Jantzen and am mostly pleased with it. Sleeve length is good, but I think it's a tiny bit too baggy and the neck is a little tight. I am thinking ordering #2 when Ricky ends his embargo on the 18th and was wondering if I just need to enter changes on the webpage or do I need to do everything all over again? TIA

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can do either one. I always like reentering all my measurements.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and if I wasnt smart enough to print out my measurements? Am I SOL?

bch

Reaction score
Ricky told me that he would prefer that I give +/- measurements where needed, and he would make adjustments based on my measurements on file. He said it was "easier" for him that way. Just tell him in the comments section of the order form what needs to be bigger or smaller, and by how much.

Keep in mind that, at least in my experience, Jantzen accounts for no shrinkage. This is most apparent in the sleeve and neck measurements.

montmorency

Reaction score
I received my Jantzen shirt yesterday.  I had ordered it on December 27th.  Anyway, the wait was worth it.  I remember Johnny Norman answering a question I had by saying take careful measurements; order the form fitting shirt; and it will be fine.  He was right.  The shirt came out almost perfect.  I expected this shirt to be just an experiment to use to adjust the measurements for the second order.  About the only thing I plan on changing is to make the cuffs a little looser. I e-mailed Ricky to ask him when I can place a second order but haven't heard back from him yet.  As soon as the moratorium is lifted, I will be ordering a few more.

fopkid

Reaction score
maxnharry, when did you submit the order for the shirt you just got? i've had an order in since november 7, and still not a word from them.

StagRaven

Reaction score
fop, you might consider calling during business hours. I just received my order on thursday, and I placed my order on March 22. It was my first order, and I only ordered one.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question to those who've called:

The only reason I haven't is that I reckoned it'd be a bit chaotic what with all the orders he gets. Have you found this to be the case? I suppose he's got a file, with orders to be filled, filed by last name?

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maxnharry, when did you submit the order for the shirt you just got? i've had an order in since november 7, and still not a word from them.
I submitted my order on 2 February. I have called on two occasions. As long as you do it during normal business hours you will get Ricky. He can look your order up and give you a guesstimate when it will finish.

As far as the shirt goes, I am very happy with it. It is my first MTM shirt and I think he did a great job. I will take a photo and post it for all of you to critique.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads