1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

Actually 774 USD is pretty close to what Chan jackets start at.

2. david4king

david4king Well-Known Member

I just got my first shirt!! I love it!! I have heard people say they don't like black on white. Why? What is bad about it? Tell me what you all think. [​IMG][​IMG]

3. tweedydon

tweedydon Senior member

Looks like it fits well! [​IMG]

Maybe the cuffs are a bit large--although that might just be a function of the pictures, which aren't coming up that well on my monitor?

4. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

That's more of a costume look.

5. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

You look happy. Isn't that what matters? I just hope you're still happy after other people see you...

6. furo

furo Senior member

I just got my first shirt!! I love it!! I have heard people say they don't like black on white. Why? What is bad about it? Tell me what you all think.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I don't like it. How long have you worked as a limo driver btw?

7. david4king

But what makes it look like a costume? Why don't you guys like it? I know it is not a biz look. This is mainly for going out salsa dancing and such.

8. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Well, whatever one thinks of your color selection, you are certainly (one of) the happiest Jantzen customer(s) I have seen on this forum! And it's better to be a happy limo driver than a grumpy dog....

9. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

But what makes it look like a costume? Why don't you guys like it? I know it is not a biz look. This is mainly for going out salsa dancing and such.

Well then Salsa it is. Just don't expect to fit in many others places with well dressed men. That would astound people at dinner.

10. LawrenceUK

LawrenceUK Active Member

Hi
    If I were to order a Jantzen shirt but use an existing shirt for measurement, roughly how much should I add to get the right collar, sleeve and cuffs sizes after a few washes??

11. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Perhaps a new record for Ricki. I placed and order the other day and emailed him right after with the order information asking for a confirmation. Within 12 hours he replied saying order received! He normally replies within 5 business days for me, but 12 hours is a record!

12. ApplesHK

ApplesHK Senior member

That's a good question!
    My bengal strpe is back in Ricky's workshop for the third try to get the sleeves right and I'm a local. Just goes to show....if they get the initial measurement wrong, it's months of agony righting it!
    Are you sending the shirt or just the measurements? Ricky will allow for shrinkage if you specify.

13. LawrenceUK

LawrenceUK Active Member

I have now done an order, using finished shirt measurements, fabric 8061

I added a half inch to collar, yoke, sleeve and cuff. We'll see if:

a) it arrives and
    b) if it shrinks more than this!

14. tom153

tom153 Senior member

Honestly, I think that's too much. None of my shirts have shrank that much, maybe a quarter of an inch at the most.

15. apropos

apropos Senior member

Honestly, I think that's too much. None of my shirts have shrank that much, maybe a quarter of an inch at the most.
    Definitely not my experience - it heavily depends on the cloth, and on the weave. I've seen nearly up to an inch lost on sleeves in shirts washed in cold water and never tumble dried. Twills shrink less than plain weaves, 2ply less than 1ply, and 'superfines' less than 'standard' fabrics.

16. bha

bha Well-Known Member

OK, I don't mean to brag... but....

Ordered 5 shirts on Nov 27
    Received confirm on Dec 3, saying order received but 1 fabric out of stock
    Called Ricky next day and gave him a replacement fabric #
    Received note on Dec 15, saying 2 other fabrics out of stock [​IMG]
    Called ricky 2 days later and gave him 3 replacment numbers, said "make as many of these as you can)

So last time I talked to Ricky was Dec 17

Received all 5 shirts on Dec 22

Obviously my order fell through the cracks of their regular production system and got completed/shipped/received in 5 days (of which 2 were weekend days) [​IMG]

He seems to be getting more reliable. Each time I called with replacement fabric numbers, he even sent an email within 24 hours saying "thank you for calling with replacement fabric #xxxxx.. will send asap!"

Will post pics later.. 4 of the shirts came out awesome, but the fifth fabric is either really dorky or totally awesome.. can't decide which. Will post pics and you guys can tell me what you think!

17. LawrenceUK

LawrenceUK Active Member

could be too much but I machine wash at 30-40 degrees and i find most shirts shrink a bit. I find that half inch in the sleeve and collar is not unusual.

If they only shrink a quarter inch...well, I'd rather settle for a tiny bit long than too short.

18. david4king

yep longer is better than short!! 100%

19. dinted voice

dinted voice Senior member

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice navy gingham? I was hoping to get one in the fine fabrics, but am having trouble finding one. The one on the wiki is getting mixed reviews as well. Thanks!

20. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

Just got my most recent order of five shirts. They're getting pressed at the dry cleaner's right now.

Order: Nov 17
    Confirmation: Dec 15
    Card charged: Dec 24
    Order receipt: Jan 5

Took a little longer than usual but I attribute it to the Christmas rush.