• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I think this means that your shoulders are off. Either too square, or not square enough....
Ripples from tightness or ripples from extra fabric? Either the fabric is being stretched from armpit to top button, or extra fabric is gathering there.

highjumper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linsook
Ordered: January 5th , 2009
Confirmed: January 6th, 2009
Recieved: January 16th, 2009

wow fastest services thus far.

img2999ajt6.png

Is that lower shirt made from fabric # 8020? Is it an orange stripe?

StopPolloition

Reaction score
Hrmm... I just ordered the green royal oxford looking fabric with the blue stripe this week. Yours looks pretty nice! Can't wait to get mine. I e-mailed and asked for confirmation and got a reply the next day. Looks like Jantzen is pretty reliable!

GucciKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by paisley_red
You can place all shirt orders in one form in the remark box where you say which fabric(s) you want.

But what if you'd like different collars on all of your shirts?

aen

Reaction score
Ordered: January 5th , 2009 Confirmed: January 6th, 2009 Recieved: January 16th, 2009 wow fastest services thus far.
img2999ajt6.png

Is the green/red fabric #8018? That is:
8018.jpg
If so, I'm surprised, since I thought its cale was different and I was about to order it. Looking at the site again, I suppose it could be slightly less red 8127:
8127.jpg
. Either way, the shirt, as well as the other shirts, looks great. If I'm wrong, can you tell me what fabric it was, and additionally, what fabric quality is like. The ones I thought it might be are both from the new Superfine Cottons section

valejo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GucciKid
But what if you'd like different collars on all of your shirts?

Just send Ricky a spreadsheet over email.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered: January 5th , 2009
Confirmed: January 6th, 2009
Recieved: January 16th, 2009

wow fastest services thus far.

img2999ajt6.png

Would you be able to list the fabric you ordered?

The orange and the white look great.

Thanks!

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by highjumper
Is that lower shirt made from fabric # 8020? Is it an orange stripe?
Originally Posted by aen
Is the green/red fabric #8018? That is:
8018.jpg
If so, I'm surprised, since I thought its cale was different and I was about to order it. Looking at the site again, I suppose it could be slightly less red 8127:
8127.jpg
. Either way, the shirt, as well as the other shirts, looks great. If I'm wrong, can you tell me what fabric it was, and additionally, what fabric quality is like. The ones I thought it might be are both from the new Superfine Cottons section

Jantzen*8018。 ya its from the superfine. im not a fabric expert however the fabric, to me, is still quite decent and soft. not as soft as the other ones i chose, but still nice.
img3012mr3.png
Originally Posted by Razele
Would you be able to list the fabric you ordered? The orange and the white look great. Thanks!
Jantzen*8018 Jantzen*8049 Jantzen*8113 Jantzen*8186 of the four, the white (8113) and the green (8186) i like very much.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to place an order today.

Does everyone just use the latest fabrics? Or do they use the premium ones?

Going to go for:

027-1706s.jpg

Jantzen*2308, French Blue 1/4" Twill Herringbone,
100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton

Sending my own shirt, a perfectly fitted Herringbone - Sydney shirt.

Going to get Italian Fin collar, made slightly larger as I have a big head. The thick MOP buttons too. Non-fused light interlining. I've heard medium is pretty heavy? I'd probably use that for french cuff shirts.

I also like the Italian high collar.

My goal is to get a stack of italian styled shirts with double button barrels and then move on to getting a british long spread collar right, with french cuffs.

linsook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
I'm going to place an order today. Does everyone just use the latest fabrics? Or do they use the premium ones? Going to go for:
027-1706s.jpg
Jantzen*2308, French Blue 1/4" Twill Herringbone, 100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton Sending my own shirt, a perfectly fitted Herringbone - Sydney shirt. Going to get Italian Fin collar, made slightly larger as I have a big head. The thick MOP buttons too. Non-fused light interlining. I've heard medium is pretty heavy? I'd probably use that for french cuff shirts. I also like the Italian high collar. My goal is to get a stack of italian styled shirts with double button barrels and then move on to getting a british long spread collar right, with french cuffs.

i have 6 from the latest fabrics, and 6 from the superfine. the latest/normal fabrics are a hit and miss in terms of quality. nice choice i have got something similar Jantzen*3513. which was also nice.

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
$40 - $60 depending on whether you go with the superfine fabric and get details like thick MOP buttons, monogram, etc.

sky140885

Reaction score
Anyone knows which courier service does Jantzen use? Ricky told me he sent my order last week and I'm wondering if I can receive it by this week, and is there any tracking no. in case my package is not here yet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads