Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, Jul 25, 2007.

1. lbcgav

lbcgav Senior member

Shirt ordered: Nov 1
    Confirmed: Nov 2
    Received: Nov 13

Very quick turnaround for me as well.

Anyone know the best way to reduce the extra room under the arm pit for Janzen? Would I just need to shorten the shoulder in order to achieve a higher ? Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

Are you saying the armholes are too big? If so, just tell them to reduce them by whatever amount you want.

2. uirugger

uirugger Active Member

ordered in July and was charged immediate. Have yet to receive the merchandise.

3. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Ah dang..I was gonna test my luck with Janzten.

Meh I matter as well get some mytailor TM shirts.

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

don't do it. i've tried twice but no luck. at least i haven't been charged for them.

5. bandar

bandar Member

ordered around november 8th, just received the confirmation today with an apology for late reply, ricky says the shirt is being sent out next week. my first order, here's hoping!

6. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

I submitted an order a month ago. Sent an e-mail asking about it a week ago. Haven't heard a word back.

7. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

I suppose they must read this site, because I recieved a confirmation about 15 minutes ago.

8. quix20

quix20 Active Member

I have previously ordered 5 shirts in-person at Jantzen earlier this year in February - and they have my measurements on file. Latest order was 2 shirts in their superfine range: http://www.jantzentailor.com/8047.jpg http://www.jantzentailor.com/8021.jpg Ordered: Very late evening 30th Nov Acknowledged by Ricky: 2nd Dec Order arrived: today - 10th Dec Not bad at all! Very pleased with the fabrics so far from the superfine range, and will definitely pick from there in future.

9. litho

litho Senior member

I'm in Hong kong and i just went today to look at this 'amazing' janzten

their fabrics are horrible! Yes, they have some decent patterns but they are clearly cheap and 95% felt like sandpaper!! You all cannot be serious about the constant recommendations?? I was quite excited to see janzten but it was a huge disappointment. Buying something because it is cheap does not make it a good buy

You should just go to TST and get cheaper shirts, equally as poor if thats what you like.

I ended up buying some ball cufflinks and leaving

10. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Senior member

Last order, two shirts arriving roughly ten days after ordering. Perfectly happy with both. That was a week ago, haven't been charged.

So far it's four shirts, only paid for one.

11. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

I'm in Hong kong and i just went today to look at this 'amazing' janzten

their fabrics are horrible! Yes, they have some decent patterns but they are clearly cheap and 95% felt like sandpaper!! You all cannot be serious about the constant recommendations?? I was quite excited to see janzten but it was a huge disappointment. Buying something because it is cheap does not make it a good buy

You should just go to TST and get cheaper shirts, equally as poor if thats what you like.

I ended up buying some ball cufflinks and leaving

I own about 20 shirts from them and only 2 or 3 have poor quality fabrics. Hope you like your cufflinks.

12. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Ordered my 4th shirt October 27th.

Yesterday I recieved an email that it is shipping tomorrow.

ha!

13. John152

John152 Well-Known Member

So far I've had a great experience with Jantzen, ordered 4 shirts so far, most came within a month. The only hitch was with the 3rd shirt that took nearly 2 months to arrive, but an email to Ricky cleared it up rather quickly, it was a plain white shirt and the fabric was out of stock.

Just ordered a shirt yesterday (9th) and received the confirmation today (10th), which is the quickest so far.

14. bc78

bc78 Senior member

Just got my first Jantzen shirt. It was spot on and didn't take long either. I made some minor adjustments (longer collar points, shorter tie space) and ordered 3 more.

15. free man

free man Senior member

What is the best and most consistent good white fabric that Jantzen has to offer?