Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Doc4

Doc4 Senior member

yesterday I poped in to visit janzten in the new place. maybe 5 times as big as the last place, lots and lots of suit fabrics and suits hanging around the walls. there were 5 or 6 people sitting around at desks (ricky was off for the mid automn festival), and so I asked them why they weren't working harder to get shirts out to all of those poor people who were waiting for their shirts.

... and they said ... ??? [​IMG]

2. UserNameToronto

UserNameToronto Senior member

Ordered October 1
    Confirmed October 3
    Delivered October 17 to Toronto

That's 3 weeks, folks!

3. uirugger

uirugger Active Member

Alright seriously, I'm getting angry. Jantzen has completely stopped emailing me. Ordered in mid July and was charged immediately, still haven't received anything. Can anyone advise me on a course of action to take?

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ have you called them up?

5. mbc

mbc Senior member

Unless I am mistaken, the Jantzen shirt I just received in the mail on which I requested the Gray 3.4mm trocas buttons has arrived with... black plastic buttons. Plastic.

6. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

They don't even have plastic buttons as an option. Are you sure they are plastic?

I ordered a shirt on the 5th, received confirmation on the 13th and it has just arrived. Could local business be slowing down?

7. briancl

briancl Senior member

Unless I am mistaken, the Jantzen shirt I just received in the mail on which I requested the Gray 3.4mm trocas buttons has arrived with... black plastic buttons. Plastic.

I had the same problem. He also left off the nice "J" gusset which I requested, my monogram, and he pretty much ignored all of my requested pattern adjustments. Not only has the quality of the fabric gone down in recent orders, but the quality of construction and attention to detail has gone down. I doubt I'll ever order again.

8. mbc

mbc Senior member

They don't even have plastic buttons as an option.
    Yes, I'm aware.

Are you sure they are plastic?
    Pretty sure. I have many shirts with MOP or Trocas buttons and these are nothing like them - they feel like the plastic buttons on my OTR shirts, only thicker.

9. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

Tried to order a shirt last week. Order form was returning an error when submitting. Tried three times then sent order by email. Ricky just replied thanking me for ordering 3 shirts. [​IMG] And you know what... I kinda expected this would happen.
    Wheeee... a follow-up! The day after he sent the confirmation for three shirts I clarified the situation via email that I only wanted one and he actually replied same day that he understood. Today I opened the package from Jantzen to find.. you'll never guess... three shirts... [​IMG] classic Jantzen, never disappoints. Luckily all are in different shirting I put in as backups and the adjusted measurements worked out well so no loss. No charge on the card yet either. I'll be putting in an order for a few more shirts anyway. [​IMG]

10. rexor12

rexor12 Senior member

Im not getting any confirmation from jantzen for my recent order, it's been a week today. I wanted to pay by paypal, is he still accepting this?

11. linsook

linsook Senior member

Wheeee... a follow-up! The day after he sent the confirmation for three shirts I clarified the situation via email that I only wanted one and he actually replied same day that he understood. Today I opened the package from Jantzen to find.. you'll never guess... three shirts... [​IMG] classic Jantzen, never disappoints. Luckily all are in different shirting I put in as backups and the adjusted measurements worked out well so no loss. No charge on the card yet either. I'll be putting in an order for a few more shirts anyway. [​IMG]
    happened to me too, got an error, he confirmed me for 5 shirts.... haha but all i wanted was two. i replied back, hopefully he hasnt already made the shirts.

12. poru

poru New Member

I'm gonna be in Macau for a weekend in November and thinking about taking the ferry to Hong Kong to drop by Jantzen's. I want to get measured and tell him I want him to ship the shirts to my Philippines address. How much time would I need for this? (I assume there will be a queue) A few hours?

I've also read in this thread to avoid going on the weekend because his shop is in a bank building and may not open the door on the weekend. Has anyone encountered a problem with this?

13. linsook

linsook Senior member

wow, this has got to be a new record, they replied back to me in 45 minutes.

14. Mr. Potato

Mr. Potato Senior member

I don't know how Jantzen picks their customers. I've only had 2 successful online orders, and another 2 successful in-store. The other 5 or 7 online orders were missing orders with no confirmations or charges. They must really like you.

15. StylingUK

StylingUK Senior member

Would writing in Chinese if you know the language help? Or do they prefer English customers more?