• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
yesterday I poped in to visit janzten in the new place. maybe 5 times as big as the last place, lots and lots of suit fabrics and suits hanging around the walls. there were 5 or 6 people sitting around at desks (ricky was off for the mid automn festival), and so I asked them why they weren't working harder to get shirts out to all of those poor people who were waiting for their shirts.

... and they said ... ???
musicboohoo[1].gif

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
Ordered October 1
Confirmed October 3
Delivered October 17 to Toronto

That's 3 weeks, folks!

uirugger

Reaction score
Alright seriously, I'm getting angry. Jantzen has completely stopped emailing me. Ordered in mid July and was charged immediately, still haven't received anything. Can anyone advise me on a course of action to take?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ have you called them up?

mbc

Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken, the Jantzen shirt I just received in the mail on which I requested the Gray 3.4mm trocas buttons has arrived with... black plastic buttons. Plastic.

laphroaig

Reaction score
They don't even have plastic buttons as an option. Are you sure they are plastic?

I ordered a shirt on the 5th, received confirmation on the 13th and it has just arrived. Could local business be slowing down?

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbc
Unless I am mistaken, the Jantzen shirt I just received in the mail on which I requested the Gray 3.4mm trocas buttons has arrived with... black plastic buttons. Plastic.

I had the same problem. He also left off the nice "J" gusset which I requested, my monogram, and he pretty much ignored all of my requested pattern adjustments. Not only has the quality of the fabric gone down in recent orders, but the quality of construction and attention to detail has gone down. I doubt I'll ever order again.

mbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laphroaig
They don't even have plastic buttons as an option.
Yes, I'm aware.

Are you sure they are plastic?
Pretty sure. I have many shirts with MOP or Trocas buttons and these are nothing like them - they feel like the plastic buttons on my OTR shirts, only thicker.

laphroaig

Reaction score
Tried to order a shirt last week. Order form was returning an error when submitting. Tried three times then sent order by email. Ricky just replied thanking me for ordering 3 shirts.
laugh.gif
And you know what... I kinda expected this would happen.

Wheeee... a follow-up! The day after he sent the confirmation for three shirts I clarified the situation via email that I only wanted one and he actually replied same day that he understood. Today I opened the package from Jantzen to find.. you'll never guess... three shirts...
worship.gif
classic Jantzen, never disappoints. Luckily all are in different shirting I put in as backups and the adjusted measurements worked out well so no loss. No charge on the card yet either. I'll be putting in an order for a few more shirts anyway.
lookaround.gif

linsook

Reaction score
Wheeee... a follow-up! The day after he sent the confirmation for three shirts I clarified the situation via email that I only wanted one and he actually replied same day that he understood. Today I opened the package from Jantzen to find.. you'll never guess... three shirts...
worship.gif
classic Jantzen, never disappoints. Luckily all are in different shirting I put in as backups and the adjusted measurements worked out well so no loss. No charge on the card yet either. I'll be putting in an order for a few more shirts anyway.
lookaround.gif

happened to me too, got an error, he confirmed me for 5 shirts.... haha but all i wanted was two. i replied back, hopefully he hasnt already made the shirts.

poru

Reaction score
I'm gonna be in Macau for a weekend in November and thinking about taking the ferry to Hong Kong to drop by Jantzen's. I want to get measured and tell him I want him to ship the shirts to my Philippines address. How much time would I need for this? (I assume there will be a queue) A few hours?

I've also read in this thread to avoid going on the weekend because his shop is in a bank building and may not open the door on the weekend. Has anyone encountered a problem with this?

linsook

Reaction score
wow, this has got to be a new record, they replied back to me in 45 minutes.

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
I don't know how Jantzen picks their customers. I've only had 2 successful online orders, and another 2 successful in-store. The other 5 or 7 online orders were missing orders with no confirmations or charges. They must really like you.

StylingUK

Reaction score
Would writing in Chinese if you know the language help? Or do they prefer English customers more?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads