Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, Jul 25, 2007.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

yesterday I poped in to visit janzten in the new place. maybe 5 times as big as the last place, lots and lots of suit fabrics and suits hanging around the walls. there were 5 or 6 people sitting around at desks (ricky was off for the mid automn festival), and so I asked them why they weren't working harder to get shirts out to all of those poor people who were waiting for their shirts.

2. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

so I asked them why they weren't working harder to get shirts out to all of those poor people who were waiting for their shirts.

well done

3. brittain

brittain Senior member

Jantzen was doing great, but they seem to have slipped again. I got my first 3 orders all within 3 weeks. I placed my 4th order about 2 months ago and have yet to get a confirmation or anything, despite sending a couple of emails to Ricky.

4. il vecchio

il vecchio Senior member

Jantzen was doing great, but they seem to have slipped again. I got my first 3 orders all within 3 weeks. I placed my 4th order about 2 months ago and have yet to get a confirmation or anything, despite sending a couple of emails to Ricky.
    +1

5. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

+1

Same story.. 2 fast single orders, and then a 3-shirt order which has disappeared. I did at least, however, get a confirmation"”and a charge on my CC.

6. linsook

linsook Senior member

slipping like the economy.

7. lbcgav

lbcgav Senior member

I've got to agree with this. My first three orders came within a month. With my latest order, I got a response 5 weeks after I had gotten my first confirmation saying that they were out of the fabric I requested. I even gave them a backup fabric if my first choice was out.

8. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior member

I placed an order in (very) late August, and it got shipped last week. But, I got a response to my email in about a week. Not great, but not as bad as I had feared.

9. il vecchio

il vecchio Senior member

I think that if the material ordered is immediately to hand you get the order in a week or two. If it isn't you can forget it - certainly for a few months.

10. uirugger

uirugger Active Member

I placed an order in (very) late August, and it got shipped last week. But, I got a response to my email in about a week. Not great, but not as bad as I had feared.

I still havent heard back from the order I placed in July. Why doesn't he complete his sales in the order they came in? So freaking puzzling/frustrating.

11. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

Same story.. 2 fast single orders, and then a 3-shirt order which has disappeared. I did at least, however, get a confirmation"”and a charge on my CC.

As a follow-up, I emailed him after I posted this and he got back right away, claiming that the package had been bounced back by USPS. Of course, I'm in Canada, so I don't know why that would be, but we'll try again.

I was actually surprised that he charged me the day I ordered. I'd have thought he'd wait until shipment at least, but then I ordered 2 white & 1 blue shirts in "best poplin/broadcloth" so, given the lack of material constraints it's entirely possible he'd made them before he charged me.

12. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I placed an order on September 17th and it arrived today (Oct 8) - about 3 weeks, not bad at all.

I find it's best to email him when I place the order. I usually order 1 shirt on the webstie, then send a follow-up email the same day making sure he got the order and telling him what other fabrics I want. (all the same cut)

13. padronlover

padronlover Senior member

yesterday I poped in to visit janzten in the new place. maybe 5 times as big as the last place, lots and lots of suit fabrics and suits hanging around the walls. there were 5 or 6 people sitting around at desks (ricky was off for the mid automn festival), and so I asked them why they weren't working harder to get shirts out to all of those poor people who were waiting for their shirts.
    LOL I just caught this.[​IMG]

14. lexmann

lexmann Senior member

Ordered 2 plain white shirts on Sept 6, received confirmation on Sept 27, rececived the shirts today. A total of 33 days. My credit card has not been charged yet.

15. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

Tried to order a shirt last week. Order form was returning an error when submitting. Tried three times then sent order by email. Ricky just replied thanking me for ordering 3 shirts. [​IMG] And you know what... I kinda expected this would happen.