• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Ordered June 28th.

Received on July 19th.

Not too shabby. The fit is absolutely excellent for a first try. They nailed the back darts, the spread collar...EVERYTHING. The neck is a wee bit too tight, but since I don't wear ties too often, it's no big deal.

For those concerned with pattern matching, I ordered a checked shirt and gave it the once over....everything matches up just about perfectly.

I'm too lazy to post fit pics, I'll try to get around to it...

Ok, I got around to taking a few pictures. For reference purposes, this is the Brown Checks #3039 pattern. Like I said, for a first timer, I think it's great and will definitely order from Jantzen in the future with a few minor tweaks...

101_0142.jpg

101_0144.jpg

101_0143.jpg

101_0141.jpg

Sweetness

Reaction score
How long did it take to arrive, from the order to receiving the shirts?

Anders

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sweetness
How long did it take to arrive, from the order to receiving the shirts?

Wow. You must be joking.

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
Both of the times I've ordered from them, it took approximately 2 weeks for the shirts to arrive. They seem pretty reliable so far.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here. I've been looking at the web interface and I have no idea how to start my own thread. I want to make a "critique my Jantzen's shirt" thread but am not sure whether it's good netiquette to add it on someone else's critique thread or start another one. Any help would be appreciated!

JeffsWood

Reaction score
If you read the FAQ for this forum you see that a new “Rate my Jantzen” thread is required to be started every two days.

So go for it, as we have had one since Friday.

Jokling aside - start a new thread as not everyone how like to rates Jantzens read this thread.

brittain

Reaction score
Jeff- that was pretty good. we do love our jantzen threads around here.

my second shirt-
ordered 13 July
confirmed 18 July
received 30 July

looks great. I'll wash it a couple of times then post some pics, but I think Ive just about got the fit zeroed in.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
I just put in order #3.

This time I made about 5 minor tweaks... if I get half of them done right, and everything else is executed like before, I'll be pleased.

Ordered 7/14
Received 7/29

mbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Otter91
Why would you choose to have darts rather than just having the shirt cut in the shape that you want? I was under the impression that darts were just so that an OTR shirt would fit correctly.
This topic has been covered rather extensively in the past - if you do a search you will find quite a few informative threads.

Bottom line is that additional seams in the form of darts allow for shapes which cannot be created with side seams alone. Such shapes are unnecessary for some body types, and beneficial for others.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbc
This topic has been covered rather extensively in the past - if you do a search you will find quite a few informative threads.

Bottom line is that additional seams in the form of darts allow for shapes which cannot be created with side seams alone. Such shapes are unnecessary for some body types, and beneficial for others.

Then again, if you wear a shirt without a jacket, you look like you are wearing your wife's shirt.

Again, darts are for women.

LawrenceUK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach
Then again, if you wear a shirt without a jacket, you look like you are wearing your wife's shirt.

Again, darts are for women.

Why are darts for women? Do your suit jackets have darts? Real men wear sack suits only , right?
Along with string vest and y-fronts.
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Otter91

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbc

Thanks, maybe that can fix my current Jantzen problems! To order darts should I just add: Darts - 2" in the comments box?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads