Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Modernist

Modernist Senior member

...except for their habit of ignoring your emails. I've emailed them multiple times about stylistic clarifications on the shirts and still have not received a reply or confirmation. I still think calling is a much better alternative, just make sure you speak like an angry Chinaman, as he appeared to be attention deficit (read: very rush in tone) on the telephone when I asked to speak to him directly.

Having spoken to Ricky Ho a couple of times on the phone, he just seems to be extremely busy. He is very helpful when the caller is making concrete questions (for instance "Can you put darts on the back of the shirt?" "Yes, just specify the depth"), and gets more impatient the longer the call is taking. And he replied within the hour (sheer luck, I guess) of my email, asking him about the status of my latest reply.

But I believe that my second order didn't get processed because I submitted it through email.

My conclusion, and reply to the question in the topic of this thread: No, but still worth it.

2. padronlover

padronlover Senior member

^

his English sucks. My Mexican maid (not mine but the friend's) has better command of the language.

I'm surprised that these previous receiving dates are "backlogging" to about a month. All of those two-weekers appear to be short-lived.[​IMG]

lol wtf

3. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

just to make sure...I hit submit on my order form, got the "list" window, and that's it? I just wait for a confirm email from them??

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

^ his English sucks. My Mexican maid (not mine but the friend's) has better command of the language.
    Some people like Whodini is destined for shark baits.
    I'm not sure whether to call you out on your underlining bigotry or your glaring hypocrisy... [​IMG] On-topic, Ricky confirmed my shirt and answered my questions not two days after I submitted my order. Guess we'll see just how quickly my shirt arrives.

5. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

just to make sure...I hit submit on my order form, got the "list" window, and that's it? I just wait for a confirm email from them??

Maybe you get a confirmation email, maybe you don't. Then maybe you get shirts, maybe you don't. Welcome to Jantzen club

6. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Maybe you get a confirmation email, maybe you don't. Then maybe you get shirts, maybe you don't. Welcome to Jantzen club

thank you. It seems that I have officially been initiated...or have I?????

I'll keep the my fingers crossed.

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^

his English sucks. My Mexican maid (not mine but the friend's) has better command of the language.

.I still think calling is a much better alternative, just make sure you speak like an angry Chinaman

I don't know if you have a problem with Chinese folks, or if you're a racist, but really, is this necessary? I'd pummel anybody who calls me "Chinaman" in front of my face.

8. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

I don't know if you have a problem with Chinese folks, or if you're a racist, but really, is this necessary? I'd pummel anybody who calls me "Chinaman" in front of my face.

me too, and I don't think this pussy would dare call me a chinaman in front of mine face, classic internet tough guy.........

9. Deipnosophist

Deipnosophist Senior member

I'm not sure whether to call you out on your underlining bigotry or your glaring hypocrisy... [​IMG]

Hate to point out your own hypocrisy, but it's "underlying" not "underlining" [​IMG] Don't take this post seriously by the way, it is meant in jest [​IMG]

10. dboll

dboll Senior member

Newbie here.

Placed my first order with Jantzen on 6/14. Pending charge on my CC a few days later. Pending charge is now gone.

Fingers crossed that my shirt shows up one day.

11. bandit

bandit Member

Placed order for two shirts last week. No confirmation. Called for Ricky last night and he was not there. Person I spoke to asked my name. He says "oh yes (something something)". I could not make out hardly anything he said so I kept it simple and asked 2 questions: 1. did you get my order? 2. What is your lead time? Some where in the conversation I picked out "everything fine" so I thanked him for his time and hung up. Hopefully I will get a couple of shirts. The gentleman was nice enough but the language barrier was definately a hurdle.

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Hate to point out your own hypocrisy, but it's "underlying" not "underlining" [​IMG] Don't take this post seriously by the way, it is meant in jest [​IMG]
    Clearly, we've never met. That was not a missteak. Jon.

13. Coho

Coho Senior member

I posted in this thread as replies to queries about Jantzen. You, on the other hand, have no business here except to stalk and harass me with inane grammatical mistakes, in which you're no exception, that no one gives a shit about. Stop this silliness or STFU.

Clearly, we've never met. That was not a missteak.

Jon.

14. Coho

Coho Senior member

Thanks for sharing. That was my experience as well but perhaps not as eloquently put.
    Placed order for two shirts last week. No confirmation. Called for Ricky last night and he was not there. Person I spoke to asked my name. He says "oh yes (something something)". I could not make out hardly anything he said so I kept it simple and asked 2 questions: 1. did you get my order? 2. What is your lead time? Some where in the conversation I picked out "everything fine" so I thanked him for his time and hung up. Hopefully I will get a couple of shirts. The gentleman was nice enough but the language barrier was definately a hurdle.

15. Mr. Potato

Mr. Potato Senior member

From experience, if it's not Ricky, there might be no shirt. This is always the deal when I speak with one of his co-workers. "Oh yes, [your name], we got your order. Will make ASAP." Without even checking the system. If you ask him to check or change something, he'll say he's busy and to call back later.