Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Coho

Coho Senior member

^ his English sucks. My Mexican maid (not mine but the friend's) has better command of the language. I'm surprised that these previous receiving dates are "backlogging" to about a month. All of those two-weekers appear to be short-lived.[​IMG]

2. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

I wouldn't call it backlogging. Even if he were to make it next day, when he only pays the equivalent of $5 for international postage it's going take a while just to get anywhere all the way from Honkers.

3. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

order sent - 6/10
    confirmed - never
    received - 6/25

hmm

4. brittain

brittain Senior member

I placed my first jantzen order last night, received a confirmation email today. Ive got my fingers crossed.

5. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I think Jantzen charged me today. Good sign, I guess.

6. pinchi22

pinchi22 Senior member

Received my shirt today. Only took 4 months and 3 calls.

7. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

it seems that fabric comes and goes a lot faster than I thought.

How many "backups" do you submit in case your first choice isn't available?

8. Coho

Coho Senior member

dude. That sucks. For me so far 2 weeks(12 business days), 3 calls, and no shirts yet.

Received my shirt today. Only took 4 months and 3 calls.

9. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

dude. That sucks. For me so far 2 weeks(12 business days), 3 calls, and no shirts yet.

Why have you called him three times in 12 business days? Is this after he charged your card or after you placed your order?

10. whacked

whacked Senior member

^

It's great if you've got a laid-back personality and aren't in urgent need of shirts. Just make sure you provide accurate measurements. I'm very happy with mine.

Those who are demanding of customer service, or who want their shirts quickly, or who are uncomfortable with the self-measuring aspect should probably look elsewhere.

Can we edit this into the first post? Because this needs to be the mantra on Jantzen shirts, along with "great value for the shirts' construction."

Yeah.

11. Coho

Coho Senior member

I placed order and never got a confirmation so I called him 5 days later and he told me 1 fabric choice is out of stock. I picked a new one, called him again and he said that he'll get my shirts made with the new fabric choice and send them out asap. I then got a paypal request even though I told him to charge my card on the previous call so I called him again to verify his paypal email address and he said yes and so I paid him. Now, I'm just waiting. I'm not the "ideal" Jantzen customer because my future place of residence is uncertain right now as I'm in the process of moving. I have 3 more weeks before the landlord kicks me out so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the shirts will arrive at the current address in due time. As many have stated, ordering from Jantzen requires a lot of patience and a laid back attitude.
    Why have you called him three times in 12 business days? Is this after he charged your card or after you placed your order?

12. Coho

Coho Senior member

db

13. Modernist

Modernist Senior member

Second order (technically third, second was in mid-March, but got lost in that great Jantzen-black hole), submitted May 15th, card charged May 20th, shipped June 11th, received June 25th. The shirt is great though, the fit is perfect, and (being one lucky bastard) the fabric is amazing (Jantzen*2715). And now i believe it's time for a major order, which, after submitting, will promptly forget about, until of course I receive that surprise package.

By the by, what is the best way of placing an order for multiple shirts? Using the form, or by email?

The quality of the shirts is amazing, considering the money paid. If one does not mind waiting, Jantzen is simply the best, considering the quality/cost ratio.

14. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

Second order (technically third, second was in mid-March, but got lost in that great Jantzen-black hole), submitted May 15th, card charged May 20th, shipped June 11th, received June 25th. The shirt is great though, the fit is perfect, and (being one lucky bastard) the fabric is amazing (Jantzen*2715). And now i believe it's time for a major order, which, after submitting, will promptly forget about, until of course I receive that surprise package.

By the by, what is the best way of placing an order for multiple shirts? Using the form, or by email?

The quality of the shirts is amazing, considering the money paid. If one does not mind waiting, Jantzen is simply the best, considering the quality/cost ratio.

I dont know what's best from an order/fufillment perspective, but I think email is easiest.

15. Coho

Coho Senior member

...except for their habit of ignoring your emails. I've emailed them multiple times about stylistic clarifications on the shirts and still have not received a reply or confirmation. I still think calling is a much better alternative, just make sure you speak like an angry Chinaman, as he appeared to be attention deficit (read: very rush in tone) on the telephone when I asked to speak to him directly.
    I dont know what's best from an order/fufillment perspective, but I think email is easiest.