• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Is it ok if I just measure the wrist of a shirt? Not my own wrist?

i find that giving him my shirt wrist measurement is better, because when i first started giving my wrist measurements, the cuffs were too tight and tighter when shrunk after washing.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with this method, but it'll likely produce a shirt that you won't be happy with. The best method is still to use a well fitted shirt and take the measurements from it. I use the measurements I got from having ordered thru Joe Hemrajani so the worst is that it won't be too far off. Good luck trying to get your preferences corrected....it's not that easy.

My first Jantzen order. Pinpoint OCBD with flap pocket and pink gussets
inlove.gif

I feel like an idiot because I didn't type in my name. I mean Ricky has it (in mailing address and CC cardholder name) but it will make me look like an ass.

I also put in the wrong shoulder measurement because I am slightly drunk. Sent Ricky an e-mail, hopefully he will change it.

Thank you for submitting the following information:
Name:
Customer Detail: New Customer
For Old Customer Only: For Repeated Customer Only
Telephone:
E-mail:
American Express Card #:
Visa Card:
Master Card:
Expiry Date:
Name of Card Holder: The Conneman
Shirt Length: 32 inches
Chest: 21 inches
Waist: 19.75 inches
Hip:
Shoulder: 18.25 inches
Sleeve Length: 33 inches
Neck: 15.5 inches
Height: 5 feet 8 inches
Weight: 165 lbs.
Wrist Size ( No Allowance): 9.5 inches
Special for Thicker Watch: Select One
Shirt Fitting: Form (4"-6" Allowance)
Share of Shoulder: Regular Shoulder
Shade of Body: Normal Shade
Collar Style: Collar Style # 7, (Standard Button Down)
Collar Stay: Without Collar Stay
Interlining: Regular
Tie space: 1/4"(Standard)
Back Height: 1 5/8" (Standard)
Stitching for Collar & Cuff: 1/4" (Our Standard)
Collar Point: Same As Our Standard
Color of Button Hole and Button Thread: Self Colour
Cuff Style: Single Cuff Style #1S (Round Single Button)
Contract Collar: Self Collar & Cuff
Cuff Height: 2 1/2" (Standard)
Pocket Style : Pocket Style No. 8 with Flap (Cut-Away Flap)
Number of Pocket: Single Pocket
Front Placket: French Front with Stitching
Width of Placket: 1 3/8 (Our Standard)
Sleeve: Long Sleeve
Sleeves **** Extra Button: Without Sleeves **** Extra Buttons
Shirt Tail: Regular Tail
Shoulder Pleat: Side Pleat
Select one: Without Split Yoke
Gusset Triangle Color: Pink
Button Seclections:: Thick Nature Mother of Pearl Button (3.00 mm) Thickness
Monogram Style: Select one
Monogram Placing: Select One
Initial:
Monogram Color: Select One
Submit: Submit

S1

Billing Address

Remarks

I measured the wrist of a SHIRT and not my own wrist.
Material Number & Details

Jantzen*3751, Blue Pin-Point Oxford (Light Weight), 100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton
Remark of Shirt's Style

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
There's nothing wrong with this method, but it'll likely produce a shirt that you won't be happy with. The best method is still to use a well fitted shirt and take the measurements from it. I use the measurements I got from having ordered thru Joe Hemrajani so the worst is that it won't be too far off. Good luck trying to get your preferences corrected....it's not that easy.
Huh? All the measurements I posted are from a well-fitting shirt I have. The shoulder measurement is kind of big but I already contacted Ricky about that.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You put "form" fitting with 4-6 in. allowance as a preference so I thought you measured from your body. I'd leave that blank and type all caps in the "remarks" that you do not want any extra allowance. I basically communicate to them as though I am talking to a 5 years old, and leave no room for their own interpretation.
Huh? All the measurements I posted are from a well-fitting shirt I have. The shoulder measurement is kind of big but I already contacted Ricky about that.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jantzen tailor ([email protected]) would like to be paid through PayPal. Money Request Details Amount:\t\t$2,400.00 HKD Pay With PayPal PayPal makes it easy to send jantzen tailor money. Click below to send this payment: Click here to pay instantly with PayPal! --------------------------------------------- Is the above paypal address from them valid? I've provided CC info already so why not just charge me there. I read mixed replies: some said scam and some said confirmation from Ricky....
confused.gif

mbc

Reaction score
Is the above paypal address from them valid? I've provided CC info already so why not just charge me there. I read mixed replies: some said scam and some said confirmation from Ricky....
confused.gif

The people who said scam were speculating with no evidence. The people who said confirmation from Ricky had... confirmation from Ricky.

jc138

Reaction score
Jantzen tailor ([email protected]) would like to be paid through PayPal. Money Request Details Amount:\t\t$2,400.00 HKD Pay With PayPal PayPal makes it easy to send jantzen tailor money. Click below to send this payment: Click here to pay instantly with PayPal! --------------------------------------------- Is the above paypal address from them valid? I've provided CC info already so why not just charge me there. I read mixed replies: some said scam and some said confirmation from Ricky....
confused.gif

Ricky wrote me to tell me that the fabric I selected was out of stock, and he wrote from "[email protected]"

The only place that [email protected] turns up on google is this thread.

Little dodgy.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well...he did state sending him my CC info over phone so I'm curious what's the difference between get money from my CC as opposed to paypal. Aren't the rates for most CC can be slightly lower than paypal rates? To be honest, I don't trust these confirmations. It could easily be someone signed up with SF accounts and start to further their scamming schemes by stating those confirmations. I did receive the "fabric out of stock" email from [email protected] also.
Originally Posted by jc138
Ricky wrote me to tell me that the fabric I selected was out of stock, and he wrote from "[email protected]" The only place that [email protected] turns up on google is this thread. Little dodgy.

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
Ordered 5/28
Confirmed 6/5 (had to email Ricky to get a confirmation email back)
Arrived 6/23 to Toronto

Wick

Reaction score
Order: May 19
Confirmation; some fabrics not available: May 21
My reply to Ricky with alternate fabrics: May 22
Shirts received: June 20

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered 4 shirts via email and received them 10 days later. It seems that Ricky has someone handling internet orders now and the process seems to be working well.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered June 23rd - requested Paypal
Confirmed with paypal invoice June 24th when I woke up

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You put "form" fitting with 4-6 in. allowance as a preference so I thought you measured from your body. I'd leave that blank and type all caps in the "remarks" that you do not want any extra allowance. I basically communicate to them as though I am talking to a 5 years old, and leave no room for their own interpretation.
****. I just e-mailed him about that; he responded to my previous "correction" e-mail so hopefully he gets this one. Oh, got a confirmation this morning.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
May be slightly o/t, but I placed an order IN STORE on May 25. 4 shirts arrived by mail yesterday in Baltimore on June 23. FYI.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to call Ricky later and ask him to adjust the shirt from form fitting to no allowance. Dumb mistake on my part.

How is his English?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads