Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, Jul 25, 2007.

1. ai3xskc

ai3xskc New Member

Same here too...

Placed order 5/20
    Haven't received confirmation
    Emailed regarding receipt of order 5/25 - still no response.

I put in a test order after hearing all these good turnaround time but I'm having doubts. I hope I'm wrong.

2. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Just forget about the order, that way you'll be pleasantly surprised when the shirts arrived. The Doc said it best.

It's great if you've got a laid-back personality and aren't in urgent need of shirts. Just make sure you provide accurate measurements. I'm very happy with mine.

Those who are demanding of customer service, or who want their shirts quickly, or who are uncomfortable with the self-measuring aspect should probably look elsewhere.

3. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

For those of you who have been successful, how do you feel about the quality of these shirts. Is there a brand that you would compare the buttons, finishing, or cloth to? What price point would you compare these to in OTR shirts here in the US?

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

For those of you who have been successful, how do you feel about the quality of these shirts. Is there a brand that you would compare the buttons, finishing, or cloth to? What price point would you compare these to in OTR shirts here in the US?

The cloth quality can be variable. But the construction is very well done -- you could easily drop $200 on a shirt and get lesser quality. The buttons are nice, too, if you choose the extra thick ones. Overall, they're a great bargain at $50, if you have the temperament for it.

5. breakz

breakz Senior member

It's great if you've got a laid-back personality and aren't in urgent need of shirts. Just make sure you provide accurate measurements.

Can we edit this into the first post? Because this needs to be the mantra on Jantzen shirts, along with "great value for the shirts' construction."

6. mullivan

mullivan Active Member

After lurking for a while I finally ordered my first Janzten a few weeks back. I received my order a couple of days ago, laundered and pressed the shirt. Attached below are my order specs and several pics. I've tried to show some of the details people are interested in such as the packaging, buttons and pattern matching. I'd be happy to post pictures of other specific parts of the shirt - just let me know what you'd like to see. As this is the first of what I'm hoping will be many orders I viewed this as a "test shirt" so went with the default selections in many cases. The one exception to this is that I specifically asked for the black Jantzen Tailor tag not to be affixed to the inside of the collar as I've seen a few pictures on the forum with that and it looked annoying. As you can see from the pics of me wearing the shirt below there are many changes I'd like to make to the next order. (Perhaps just selecting the form fit instead of medium would solve many of these issues?): 1) bring in the shoulders by at least an inch or two 2) bring in the waste a few inches 3) lengthen the sleeves by about an inch 4) shorten the length of the shirt by several inches I'd appreciate any feedback you have on the fit as well! I'm not particularly pleased with the fit of the shirt, but overall am happy with the purchase and it will lead to at least one more with revised measurements. That said there are a few items apart from the fit that bug me. I've tried to show each of these in the pics below. 1) the left shoulder is about .5 - 1 centimeter longer than the right. I have no idea why this is as I certainly didn't ask for this. 2) the split yoke is ever so slightly off at the base. 3) the patten matching on the left cuff inlet (above the smaller button) is crooked. 4) the monogram looks poorly sewn with some crooked lettering I would really appreciate any feedback you have! Order history (never received an order confirm email): placed order 4/27 called 4/30 as no confirm received asked to provide new material 4/30 (my fault as my original selection was on page 3) revised material sent 5/1 called 5/7 called, 5/13 entire order resent 5/13 called 5/20 called 5/27 received 5/28 Specs (all in centimeters) Shirt Length: 80 Chest: 96 Waist: 86 Hip: 90 Shoulder: 51 Sleeve Length: 83 Neck: 39 Height: 175 Weight: 75 Wrist Size ( No Allowance): 17.5 Special for Thicker Watch: Left Hand 1/4" Bigger Shirt Fitting: Medium (6"-8" Allowance) Share of Shoulder: Regular Shoulder Shade of Body: Normal Shade Collar Style: Collar Style # 1, (Regular Pointed) Interlining: Regular Tie space: 1/4"(Standard) Back Height: 1 1/2" (Standard) Stitching for Collar & Cuff: 1/4" (Our Standard) Collar Point: 2 5/8" (Standard) Color of Button Hole and Button Thread: Self Colour Cuff Style: Single Cuff Sylte #10S (Round with Extra Side Button) Cuff Height: 2 3/4" (Standard) Pocket Style : Pocket Style No. 4 no flap (Round) Front Placket: French Front with Stitching Width of Placket: 1 3/8 (Our Standard) Sleeves Slit Extra Button: With Sleeves Extra Button Shirt Tail: Regular Tail Shoulder Pleat: No Pleat Select one: With Split Yoke Gusset Triangle Color: Jantzen *J* initial white triangular piece. Button Seclections:: Thick Nature Mother of Pearl Button (3.00 mm) Thickness Monogram Style: Monogram Style #24 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Again, as you can see from the pics there are many changes I'd like to make to the next order. (Perhaps just selecting the form fit instead of medium would solve many of these issues?): 1) bring in the shoulders by at least an inch or two 2) bring in the waste a few inches 3) lengthen the sleeves by about an inch 4) shorten the length of the shirt by several inches I would really appreciate any feedback you have! Edit: I've also posted this as it's own thread if you'd rather comment on the fit there to keep this thread of a more general nature. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...08#post1094708

7. pezdoctor

pezdoctor Member

Ordered 4/29/08 - no email confirmation
    Received 6/2/08
    Fit was perfect based upon my measurements

*I agree with other posters that the 'Extra Light and Soft' may be too soft, so I will go with 'Soft' next time. The 'Form' fit has just the right contour for a slim cut.

8. mullivan

mullivan Active Member

I just updated my post over at http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...44#post1098444 with my impressions from the first day of wearing the shirt:

1) Despite what the website says, I would be surprised if this is actually 100% cotton. It has a slight sheen and lack of breathability to it that indicates it's some type of synthetic blend. The material feels soft to the touch, but is pretty hot to wear.
    2) I think I'm going to extend the sleeves, shorten the length, bring in the shoulders and then go with the "form" fit but add side pleats on the back. Will consider that test shirt #2. If it still has problems with the pattern matching and size anomalies like mis-matched shoulder lengths I likely will not order again.

Would still appreciate any comments you have!

9. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

10. pinchi22

pinchi22 Senior member

Ordered 2/19
    Confirmation received 2/20
    CREDIT CARD CHARGED 2/21
    Called on 4/25. Told shirt would be sent "next week".
    Called on 5/24. Told shirt would be sent "next week".
    Today: Still no shirt.

Bottom line for me: Service is worse than ever. And I´m a repeat customer.

11. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Senior member

I placed my order on 30/5. Got phone and email confirmations, we'll see how this turns out.

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

13. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

Ordered 2/19
    Confirmation received 2/20
    CREDIT CARD CHARGED 2/21
    Called on 4/25. Told shirt would be sent "next week".
    Called on 5/24. Told shirt would be sent "next week".
    Today: Still no shirt.

Bottom line for me: Service is worse than ever. And I´m a repeat customer.

Not to wish bad things for you, but this is somehow reassuring. All these quick-Ricky posts and I was starting to think I would have to adjust my entire worldview

14. thomas790

thomas790 Active Member

I guess my experience has been very positive because I shopped in person. I bought 8 shirts that turned out well. Because his fabric varies so dramatically I would not have been happy if I ordered from the website.
    For those who have seen the retail premises,sandwiched among the shopping arcade for Filippino maids, it is easy to see they really aren't equiped for high tech retail.
    I also purchased a light weight summer blazer and three pairs of trousers. Now that we have hit the hot huimd weather here in WDC, I'm glad I did. I expect to be back in HK and will see them again. I've learned a few things about their fit which should improve the experience for me.

15. username79

username79 Senior member

Still no shirts from my order on the 14th. My run has ended it seems.

I think I'll submit the order again.