• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

water

Reaction score
I really do not want to start another Jantzen thread in order to ask one question, so I'll give it another shot in here in case someone knows: does anyone know if Ricky will make non-fused collars on request?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"extra light and soft" is an interlining choice you can make. not sure if this will do it for you.

valejo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by water
I really do not want to start another Jantzen thread in order to ask one question, so I'll give it another shot in here in case someone knows: does anyone know if Ricky will make non-fused collars on request?

Are Jantzen default collars fused? They don't seem fused to me.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GS - you really have a unique style. I could never pull it off myself, but I love the look. I imagine you and your Thick as Thieves pals arriving at some party in the LA hills and everyone turning to look as you guys saunter in the door, a la "Swingers." As a sedate married lawyer living in the burbs I will live vicariously through this image.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. I remember having similar styled shirts when I was little-maybe 6 or 7. Not sure where my mommy got them. GS, where and when is this style first become popular? I really like the look. A lot of guys wear "dress" shirts casually untucked and they look quite messy with the bottom hem flying all over the place . These offer a very fashionable and dapper alternative. P.S. why do you wear your watch outside the cuff? My friend, you have missed Eric Glennie's brilliant solution to guys with large watches.
lol8[1].gif
Originally Posted by Dewey
Great shirts, GS. I want one.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Knittieguy, yea we're pretty MONEY haha

water ...I also ask for the "extra light and soft" collar option, otherwise they come out fairly stiff and thick

Rick..I just asked for 3" buttondown collar with tall 2" collarband and the 3rd neck button

CoHo...I like my sleeve cuffs tight and this watch is really thick so it's more of a practical thing to put it over on top rather than make the shirt cuff looser on one side. I can def see the appeal Agnelli had for this affectation.

This style of shirt was popular in the 1950s, usually made from rayon gabardine. By the later 50s they introduced some other fabrics like nylon knit and orlon knits. By early 60s pure cotton ones were made, then by mid-later 60s they were 100% polyster. They were normally s/s but some l/s ones were made tho not as common. Some of the vintage brands I've had were Sir Guy, Sir Jac, Mr California, Penneys, etc

I used to "collect" shirt jacs about 10 years ago and have always like the style, for reasons you mentioned about dress shirt hems flying around and looking sloppy. This particular shirt is an almagamation of different elements I like that were never found on a single shirt.

coachvu

Reaction score
Well, it took 12 months, but Ricky finally refunded my money for an order he never filled. If anyone else is having trouble getting a refund, I'd suggest e-mailing him several times a week. He will eventually take care of it.

valejo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coachvu
Well, it took 12 months, but Ricky finally refunded my money for an order he never filled. If anyone else is having trouble getting a refund, I'd suggest e-mailing him several times a week. He will eventually take care of it.

You had trouble with a charge without receiving your order? I'd only heard of the opposite "problem." Unfulfilled orders, yes, but who else was charged without receiving the shirt?

TintinATL

Reaction score
GetSmart, I love the shirtjac, and admire your style altogether in fact. Would love to know what jeans are you wearing in that pic?

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I think I've just set some sort of Jantzen record: I sent an order on the 6th, got confirmation on the 7th, and received my shirts today. Send your orders in, folks. I'm pretty pleased with the fit, too, a few adjustments and I'll be very close to perfect next time. My only complaint is the fabric softness, but perhaps it'll get better after a few washes. I highly recommend measuring your favorite shirt and using those rather than your body measurements which can be inconsistent, I was very pleased with my results using that method.

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
With the recent flux in positive feedback about turnaround time, I've decided to order 1 shirt as suggested. Though out of the successful deliveries, how many are actually from repeat customers? I'm afraid that as a first customer, he'll put me on backlog until the next 6 months to a year.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Potato
With the recent flux in positive feedback about turnaround time, I've decided to order 1 shirt as suggested. Though out of the successful deliveries, how many are actually from repeat customers? I'm afraid that as a first customer, he'll put me on backlog until the next 6 months to a year.
I was a first-time customer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads