• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen price hike to HKD 310 (USD 40)

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed this notice on their website?
Since, our labor and material have been increased. We will increase our internet shirt order to HKD$310.00 from 15th April, 2006. Thank you for your support.
The fabric pages still list the JKT fabrics as HKD 310 but I checked my credit card statement from my last order for a single JKT fabric shirt and it was actually HKD 350 (USD 45).

mumbojumbo

Reaction score
Yes and i thought that this was a rather silly price increase since there were still those jkt fabrics on the page and one now would rather select these jkt fabrics (advertised at hkd310) over their regular fabrics (now hkd310 due to price increase).

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the JKT fabrics?

K

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Has anybody else noticed this notice on their website? The fabric pages still list the JKT fabrics as HKD 310 but I checked my credit card statement from my last order for a single JKT fabric shirt and it was actually HKD 350 (USD 45).
You can't forget about the shipping. But yeah, I have no idea what their specific prices are. I probably should pay attention, but I'm very easily distracted by shiny objects and... oh look, new shirts! VKK, the JKT fabrics are listed under "new" fabrics, and their fabric number starts with JKT00XX. They are all uniformly great fabrics. I've noticed the even newer ones that start "Jantzen..." And I think those tend to be uniformly in quality between JKTs and the regular ones. If you want a good fabric from Jantzen, you shouldn't get anything other than 100% cotton 2X2 Italian ones.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that shipping has always been included in the price.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
What are the JKT fabrics?

K

Their better fabrics

JAMESS

Reaction score
My shirts from Jantzen have had a lot of sloppy stitching lately.
I wouldn't mention it if it only happened once, but I just mailed 4 shirts back to Ricky and that is the second time in a month. That is a very big waste of time!

Collar, cuffs, and shoulder seams.
I want smooth even stitching.
But some of my last batch of shirts were not even up to Walmart quality!
Wavy wandering lines are NOT acceptable, I don't care how cheap the shirt is. And even the pattern matching was off a bit on two shirts, usually it is perfect.

It is a crying shame because some of the fabrics ARE beautiful, but
they are wasted with sloppy construction.

Probably Ricky has some new people trying to work too fast.
Until he gets the quality control sorted out, you might wait a bit to put in a new order, or put in a smaller order.

Oh, And expect to have lots of little loose threads you'll have to snip.
I've mentioned this to Ricks several times, so far he can't seem to get it sorted out.

nelly

Reaction score
This might sound crazy but perhaps the price hike is a good thing then. With prices so low, there's too much demand and Jantzen can't get out shirts fast enough and quality/service goes down. Once prices go up, there are less orders and equilibruim is reached at last.

Rolo

Reaction score
I doubt it will impact US orders. 10 HKD is only about a buck and a quarter.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JAMESS
My shirts from Jantzen have had a lot of sloppy stitching lately.
I wouldn't mention it if it only happened once, but I just mailed 4 shirts back to Ricky and that is the second time in a month. That is a very big waste of time!

Collar, cuffs, and shoulder seams.
I want smooth even stitching.
But some of my last batch of shirts were not even up to Walmart quality!
Wavy wandering lines are NOT acceptable, I don't care how cheap the shirt is. And even the pattern matching was off a bit on two shirts, usually it is perfect.

It is a crying shame because some of the fabrics ARE beautiful, but
they are wasted with sloppy construction.

Probably Ricky has some new people trying to work too fast.
Until he gets the quality control sorted out, you might wait a bit to put in a new order, or put in a smaller order.

Oh, And expect to have lots of little loose threads you'll have to snip.
I've mentioned this to Ricks several times, so far he can't seem to get it sorted out.

Jantzen shirts are a great deal, and the quality you receive for the price is quite good. Still, take into consideration the cost of the shirt. Nothing is perfect.

mumbojumbo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrchapel
Jantzen shirts are a great deal, and the quality you receive for the price is quite good. Still, take into consideration the cost of the shirt. Nothing is perfect.

Based on my one shirt experience (lose threads, untidy bottom hemline seam, one misaligned collar stay pocket), i do not rate a jantzen shirt as a great deal. I would call it decent (at best) value for the money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads