• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen order question

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now is a tricky time to be dealing w/ Jantzen as they are in the process of moving their workshops

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed my order on March 9th & haven't received anything, not even a response to my follow up email. I have accepted that I will never receive a Jantzen shirt.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Now is a tricky time to be dealing w/ Jantzen as they are in the process of moving their workshops

Just their backroom operations, TD?

alflauren

Reaction score
On my second order from Jantzen, I was charged over two months before receiving my shirts. I figure I had what was coming to me though, since on my first order, I received the shirts and wasn't charged until about 2 months later...

mbc

Reaction score
Regarding the foreign transaction fee... get a Capital One card. They are one of the few issuers left that do not charge foreign transaction fees.

Styk33

Reaction score
I ordered back in Febrauary. Five emails, never a response. I will re-order when I get a chance. Everyone says to call, but I don't have the time to get a long distance card and then make the call.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My shirts arrived yesterday, along with the exemplar Chan shirt I sent to be copied. This order took about three months to arrive from the day I sent the exemplar shirt. Not bad, though the total absence of communication is an unusual experience.

In comparison, I recently sent Ascot Chang a set of shirts for re-collar/re-cuff, and those took about eight weeks (counting shipping time both ways) to turn around, with them sending me an email when they started the work, but no email telling me the shirts were on the way home.

I still think WW Chan is tough to beat in terms of rapid responses to emails and faxes. They may take a while on remote orders, but you always know (or can find out) where you are in the process.

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by retronotmetro
My shirts arrived yesterday, along with the exemplar Chan shirt I sent to be copied. This order took about three months to arrive from the day I sent the exemplar shirt. Not bad, though the total absence of communication is an unusual experience.

In comparison, I recently sent Ascot Chang a set of shirts for re-collar/re-cuff, and those took about eight weeks (counting shipping time both ways) to turn around, with them sending me an email when they started the work, but no email telling me the shirts were on the way home.

I still think WW Chan is tough to beat in terms of rapid responses to emails and faxes. They may take a while on remote orders, but you always know (or can find out) where you are in the process.

My experience was similar - 3 months from sending a shirt to copy to arriving at my doorstep. Key is to monitor if your fabric selections go out of stock which I've concluded grinds your order to a halt. When I noticed one of my selections was out of stock, I emailed Ricky with a substitute fabric to use, then called the next day to confirm. For my next order, I will specify that if a fabric goes out of stock, to just reduce the order.

mrchapel

Reaction score
I picked mine up yesterday from my PO box, but according to the tag they arrived on July 2. The fabric and construction is excellent, but the fit is off. Not their fault, as I checked the measurements against what I entered. It seems as though I've gained some weight, rendering this shirt useless. The timeline for my order was as follows:

12 Mar 07 - Ordered shirt

14 Mar 07 - Emailed requesting confirmation

28 Apr 07 - Reply from Ricky confirming order and saying order will ship ASAP

12 Jun 07 - Card charged for cost of shirt

02 Jul 07 - Shirt received.

So what I've learned is patience is key (I knew this going in though), make sure you allow room for size adjustments should your body type change (as I've been working out my body has changed), and again be patient. For the price, I can't complain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads