Jantzen error

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sgfrank, Aug 30, 2006.

1. sgfrank

sgfrank Member

A quick question for those with more experience in dealing with Jantzen.

I just received my latest shirt from him which I am quite happy with. However it is rather long, and it is infact LONGER than my last shirt from Jantzen, despite having decreased the length on this latest order. I would say it is off by 2-3 inches. Not the end of the world, but I wondered what others in this situation have done. Do you just ignore it and eat the error as part of the price of getting mtm shirts for $50, or have you emailed Ricky about it? I can't imagine what he would do about it, so perhaps there is no point in doing so. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Simon

2. jmh

jmh Active Member

A quick question for those with more experience in dealing with Jantzen.

I just received my latest shirt from him which I am quite happy with. However it is rather long, and it is infact LONGER than my last shirt from Jantzen, despite having decreased the length on this latest order. I would say it is off by 2-3 inches. Not the end of the world, but I wondered what others in this situation have done. Do you just ignore it and eat the error as part of the price of getting mtm shirts for $50, or have you emailed Ricky about it? I can't imagine what he would do about it, so perhaps there is no point in doing so. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Simon

Does the shirt fit?

Or is it 2-3" (or more, since you decreased length from pervious order) too long?

3. sgfrank

sgfrank Member

It is wearable tucked in, but pretty much unwearable untucked - it is simply too long. Oh well, what can you do, I suppose.

Simon

Does the shirt fit?

Or is it 2-3" (or more, since you decreased length from pervious order) too long?

4. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

Were you planning on wearing this shirt untucked?

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Just take it to a tailor and have him hem it if it bothers you that much. I don't see the point in getting Ricky to resolve this for you, for such a minor discrepancy.

6. Earthmover

Earthmover Senior member

While I think this is relatively minor as errors go, I believe Ricky will try to make it right if you insist on it. The question is whether you want to go through the process. Whatever people say about Jantzen, I think Ricky is an honest businessman who has good intentions, and if you pointed it out to him, he'll find a way to make it right.

7. Matt

Matt [email protected]

similar question to the guys above - is it a dress shirt or a casual shirt primarily?

for a dress shirt, that may be a blessing in disguise since the extra length will help to stop it coming untucked.

But Id second EMs point, Ricky is a great guy and a more than reasonable businessman, give him a call and let him know, and see if he will hand you a discount on the next one - and more importantly - correct your details on his database.

8. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

Be careful or you'll end up on the Jantzen "banned" list. [​IMG]

9. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

I believe you're not on the "banned" list yet...just the "I'll consistently give him badly made shirts" list right now

10. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

There might be some allowance for shrinkage... maybe. My first shirt that was bespoke (Jantzen isn't MTM technically) was a little long at first, but fine after a few washes.

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

tell ricky about that in your next order.

12. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

if you want it shorter just get it alter or give it to you mum to do or ever do it you self, sissors and a needle and thred it will be great fun![​IMG]

13. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Gee, I wonder what the chances are that Jantzen make a big mistake?

14. sgfrank

sgfrank Member

It is intended to be primarily a dress shirt, but I have been intentionally shortening the shirts little by little with each order to try and get to a length that would stay tucked in, but that I can also wear untucked.

I guess I will just mention it to him with my next order, to be sure that I get the correct length. I have no doubt that ricky would do his best to fix things, but it strikes me it would probably be more work than it is worth, on his part and on mine.

Thank you all for your advice,
    Simon

15. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

, and see if he will hand you a discount on the next one - and more importantly - correct your details on his database.

this is very important and true: let him know so that he is aware of the problem and can correct database. You may also want to remind him about this next time you order as he might forget. Surely sending it back to HK and all is not worth it IMO.