• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen customer reference number, is it possible I did not get one?

new obsession

Reaction score
I made my first purchase in the store. Is it possible I did not get a customer reference number? Is this something which would be on a receipt I recieved? (Provided I kept it.) Or can they do things by name and date of last in-store purchase?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by new obsession
I made my first purchase in the store. Is it possible I did not get a customer reference number? Is this something which would be on a receipt I recieved? (Provided I kept it.) Or can they do things by name and date of last in-store purchase?

What is this strange "Jantzen customer reference number" of which you speak??

kali77

Reaction score
I have placed two orders online. The first order I was not given a ref.#. On the second order Ricky emailed me a Ref#. This is a good thing to have since this way you can refer to this ref# for measurements. I have never been to the actual shop, so I can not comment on this side of it. I did just place my third order. I did not list my measurements on this order. I just used my ref#. Hopefully it comes out right
crazy.gif

Gene

new obsession

Reaction score
They ask for it on the website for returning customers.

I have placed two orders online. The first order I was not given a ref.#. On the second order Ricky emailed me a Ref#. This is a good thing to have since this way you can refer to this ref# for measurements. I have never been to the actual shop, so I can not comment on this side of it. I did just place my third order. I did not list my measurements on this order. I just used my ref#. Hopefully it comes out right

Gene
On the second order, did you provide an entirely new set of measurements, or did you reference you previous order and adjust accordingly?

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by new obsession
They ask for it on the website for returning customers.

On the second order, did you provide an entirely new set of measurements, or did you reference you previous order and adjust accordingly?

As a matter of course, I never give Jantzen any measurements on follow-up orders. I provide the reference number, and the date of my most recent order (and often copy the e-mail for that prior order). I then tell Jantzen to adjust a measurement, or to make the shirt exactly those measurements but make styling changes.

By doing that, the only source for measurements they have is from my prior order. At this point, I make no size changes at all. I have received 5 different orders so far this year. The process works well.

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmatt
As a matter of course, I never give Jantzen any measurements on follow-up orders. I provide the reference number, and the date of my most recent order (and often copy the e-mail for that prior order). I then tell Jantzen to adjust a measurement, or to make the shirt exactly those measurements but make styling changes.

By doing that, the only source for measurements they have is from my prior order. At this point, I make no size changes at all. I have received 5 different orders so far this year. The process works well.

That was how I understood the process to work, I have to see if I have any sort of reference number anywhere.

Reaction score
Reference number? I have yet to receive a notification of any sort from Ricky. I ordered two shirts on May 28th, received the wrong shirt (wrong color and collar) three weeks later.
I sent the shirt back but found that there was a debt on my account from Jantzen two weeks after I sent the shirt back. I emailed Ricky but no answer thus far. I will call Ricky if the shirts do not arrive soon.

I will remain patient as the price, construction, material and fit on the shirt that arrived by mistake are surprisingly quite good.

Anyone out there with a similar experience?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads