Jantzen comps?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seok, Apr 13, 2006.

1. seok

seok Senior member

I may be in HK in the next 2 months and am considering dropping by Jantzen.

Discounting fit, what shirt brands would you put Jantzen in equal terms with? Lorenzini? Truzzi? Zegna?

2. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

I will most likely be flamed but in the shirts that I own Purple Label from Lorenzi and 2 Zegna shirts,

My favorite order goes:
    (1) Lands End Custom - Use the higher fabrics 79+. I ordered a pink pincord shirt and the material and shirt are perfect.
    (2) Jantzen - once you get it right and use this forum to find good fabrics they are great and half the price of the Lands end with more choices.
    (3) Purple Label - material is too thin
    (4) Zegna

3. seok

seok Senior member

(2) Jantzen - once you get it right and use this forum to find good fabrics they are great and half the price of the Lands end with more choices.
    I'm looking for 1 plain white shirt to wear with business suits, I figure I'll re-order once my measurements are in. Any recommendations for fabric/collar style/other styles? My white shirts so far consist of a Borrelli, a Brioni (both from consignment), Brooks non-iron. Don't have any herringbones in white. I forget what collar styles they were, and they're not with me, but here's a photo of mine that I posted up on the members' picture thread. I'm on the r. Hope it helps in recommending collar style, etc. Thanks for all your help! [​IMG]

4. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

I know that face type should determine collar type, but I have never been able to pick that and I uniformly love spead collars. Jantzen has a nice shark fin collar that looks good either with or without a tie and I love the italian 2 button one.