• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen comps?

seok

Reaction score
I may be in HK in the next 2 months and am considering dropping by Jantzen.

Discounting fit, what shirt brands would you put Jantzen in equal terms with? Lorenzini? Truzzi? Zegna?

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will most likely be flamed but in the shirts that I own Purple Label from Lorenzi and 2 Zegna shirts,

My favorite order goes:
(1) Lands End Custom - Use the higher fabrics 79+. I ordered a pink pincord shirt and the material and shirt are perfect.
(2) Jantzen - once you get it right and use this forum to find good fabrics they are great and half the price of the Lands end with more choices.
(3) Purple Label - material is too thin
(4) Zegna

seok

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
(2) Jantzen - once you get it right and use this forum to find good fabrics they are great and half the price of the Lands end with more choices.
I'm looking for 1 plain white shirt to wear with business suits, I figure I'll re-order once my measurements are in. Any recommendations for fabric/collar style/other styles? My white shirts so far consist of a Borrelli, a Brioni (both from consignment), Brooks non-iron. Don't have any herringbones in white. I forget what collar styles they were, and they're not with me, but here's a photo of mine that I posted up on the members' picture thread. I'm on the r. Hope it helps in recommending collar style, etc. Thanks for all your help!

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that face type should determine collar type, but I have never been able to pick that and I uniformly love spead collars. Jantzen has a nice shark fin collar that looks good either with or without a tie and I love the italian 2 button one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads