• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jamon Iberico

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Entirely cliche. That doesn't make it any less good. There's a reason these things are served together so often, and it's because they're successful.

Yeah, that's too simple; you need to fancy it up so people feel justified paying the price. I suggest making a Manchego gougere crusted in crushed almonds and wrapped in the jamon. $9 each... thank you, drive through.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oooh- something I can contribute too...

just got back from spain 2 weeks ago and had the joy of experiencing the ham. I agree with kwilk - yes, its so cliche but really simple. You dont have to get crazy just for the sake of being different. So onto some pics:

I saw the Museo De Jamon and thought, sweet!!! A museum about ham!

IMG_5824.jpg

Just turned out to be a butcher shop, but pretty awesome seeing pig legs line the wall.

IMG_5827.jpg

Buy a beer for a euro, get a tray of chorizo!

IMG_5825.jpg

And this was our dinner one night. Like 4 differnt types of ham, manchego and the tomato bread. Mmm...

IMG_6178.jpg

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is not a win/lose proposition. with those pix, we ALL win.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fack!!! That last pic makes my mouth water something terrible!!!
drool.gif

Thank you!!!
worship.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Fack that looks good!

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, didnt know Id cause so many boners. Here are the last few I have:

Another tray of samplers. This had all kinds of **** on it. Stuff Ive never even seen before. Probably what, 10 different types of meat? Mmmm....

IMG_6150.jpg

Better picture of the inside of the museum of ham. Favorite museum EVAR. Suck it, Prado.

IMG_5829.jpg

An ok tapas buffet in a touristy part of barcelona (note the placemat, lol) ... patata tortilla, patata fritas(name?), seafood salad, ham, cheese, nuts, tomato bread ... oh, and estrella damm.

IMG_6124.jpg

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
Wow, didnt know Id cause so many boners. Here are the last few I have:

welcome to the Social Life, Food, and Drink section here on StyleForvm. Unlike the name implies, most of us here do not in fact have a Social Life, hence the "boner" over ham.

I think I speak for the masses when I say moar haaaum.

Not to detract from a Jamon Iberico specific conversation, here is my subtle prosciutto contribution. Got it from one of the farmers markets in the Trastevere neighborhood in Rome, right where my GF was living at the time. If you look closely, you can very clearly see that it was thinly sliced by hand (it took forever, the lady who cut it was really old).
I have seen the top of the mountain ... and it is good:
2366933830043813381S600x600Q85.jpg

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
welcome to the Social Life, Food, and Drink section here on StyleForvm. Unlike the name implies, most of us here do not in fact have a Social Life, hence the "boner" over ham.

You mean, this is what its like outside of DT???
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
You mean, this is what its like outside of DT???
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

indeed, but the aim of the boner is different. And, in my humble opinion, I'd much rather have a boner over wine and ham...

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK! That's it! I'm boycotting this tread until I've some jamon...or at least had someting to eat.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not meant to ask how to "fancy" up the jamon, just wanted some suggestions about classic combos.

The jamon museum was featured on the Andrew Zimmerman eating show. That's where I got the itch to try jamon iberico.
blush.gif

My packages from latienda just got here, packed in an icepack and wrapped in cold-retention foil thick wrapper.

I didn't realize 4 oz of jamon was only TEN thin slices
facepalm.gif
that works out to $5 a slice
ffffuuuu.gif

This stuff better be good.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
I did not meant to ask how to "fancy" up the jamon, just wanted some suggestions about classic combos.

The jamon museum was featured on the Andrew Zimmerman eating show. That's where I got the itch to try jamon iberico.
blush.gif

My packages from latienda just got here, packed in an icepack and wrapped in cold-retention foil thick wrapper.

I didn't realize 4 oz of jamon was only TEN thin slices
facepalm.gif
that works out to $5 a slice
ffffuuuu.gif

This stuff better be good.

we expect a full report, with pictures of your creations. And you better not make a ******* sandwich!!!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like mine with glasses of rioja and marinated olives. mmmmmm.......

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads