Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by robertorex, Mar 28, 2010.

1. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

I kind of like this, what do you guys think? Episodes on hulu.

I mean wow, what's new, America's fat, but I like what the guy's trying to do.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

It should be less about trying to help people and more about ridiculing them for my entertainment.

3. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

It should be less about trying to help people and more about ridiculing them for my entertainment.

Some of the situations are rather ridiculous.

4. Threak

Threak Senior member

The name sounds like an infomercial for the latest food processor type gadget.

5. Adam_Lee

Adam_Lee Senior member

I don't think he has an understanding of what kids won't eat if they're not forced to. Why couldn't he make healthy pizzas? Why didn't he make real chicken breast nuggets-that weren't fried and just go easy on the bread crumbs?
    He's just not gonna come across well to these white trash inbreds. They'll never overcome their tremendous xenophobia, and even though he denies it he obviously expected them to kiss his ass.

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

He's just not gonna come across well to these white trash inbreds. They'll never overcome their tremendous xenophobia, and even though he denies it he obviously expected them to kiss his ass.
    Wow.

7. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

I don't think he has an understanding of what kids won't eat if they're not forced to. Why couldn't he make healthy pizzas? Why didn't he make real chicken breast nuggets-that weren't fried and just go easy on the bread crumbs?
    making healthy pizza isn't the point of his show. He's trying to get people to appreciate whole, unprocessed food made from scratch. From what I understand he's done stuff like this in the past, so I suspect he's used to being thought of as a pompous ass with his british accent.
    Wow.
    +1. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though, you mad Kentucky lost?

8. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I watched a bit more. He needs to use more horror stories and statistics about quality of life vs. diet and basically tell the kids and parents they're killing each other. Watching fat kids cook stir fry isn't doing it for me.

9. robin

robin Senior member

I watched the series he did for English tv doing the same thing a couple of years back and it was a real eye opener on kids nutrition. I really hope he has the same success with it here.

10. SField

SField Senior member

He did something with this on TV for the british school system.

He tried to go too far too fast by making good, unfamiliar food that kids just won't eat. I'm sorry but I think the smartest thing to do would be to start out making healthier substitutes of the foods they're familiar with.

11. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

He's a mockney tw*t. 'nuff said.

12. Julian84

Julian84 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's such an asshole, trying to get our kids to not be such fat fucking slobs. Watching these redneck assholes makes me ashamed to be white and from the south, god damn how can people be so fucking stupid.

13. why

why Senior member

Generally irritating television and unwatchable. All his preaching is for nought anyway, but at least it makes some self-satisfied spectators proud of themselves for having almonds as a snack and skipping on the mayo at Subway.

14. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Senior member

He's a mockney tw*t. 'nuff said.
    This is true, I find him unwatchable. On the other hand he really has done a lot for public health through diet in Britain, particularly for children in schools and in raising awareness. However much of what he's done may be ego fuelled, it's undeniable he has made real achievments for the greater good.. It's the Bono syndrome - obnoxious egotist its not OK to hate because of all the good stuff they've done...

15. Adam_Lee

Adam_Lee Senior member

making healthy pizza isn't the point of his show. He's trying to get people to appreciate whole, unprocessed food made from scratch.

That's what I was getting at. How is making healthy alternatives to foods kids like not the point of the show? He could make pizza with tortillas, no greasy meats, and be light on the sauce.
    Kids just won't eat that salad he made either, but I don't know what can be done to make children eat vegetables in a school environment where they have the option of trashing it.