• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jamie-Lynn Spears poses with baby for OK Magazine

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
From the AP Article, as posted on the Washington Post.

NEW YORK -- Weeks after giving birth to daughter Maddie Briann, Jamie Lynn Spears is showing off the newborn, sharing memories of a "perfect" delivery and longing to be a Southern soccer mom.

Spears and fiance Casey Aldridge welcomed Maddie at a hospital in McComb, Miss., on June 19. The younger sister of Britney Spears poses with her on the cover of OK! magazine _ as expected, given the fact that Spears announced her pregnancy through an article in OK! and reportedly was to receive a large payday for exclusive pictures of the baby.

The photos were taken at the pair's Mississippi home. The magazine does not comment on the terms of its deals with celebrities.

In an interview with OK!, the 17-year-old Jamie Lynn said she had been nervous about giving birth "but it all fell into place. I was right on schedule. I had a perfect pregnancy and a perfect delivery. I was very blessed."

Jamie Lynn said watching Aldridge, a pipe-layer from Liberty, Miss., hold Maddie for the first time "was the coolest thing. ... He was so happy, and that made me the happiest person alive."

Jamie Lynn's immediate family _ including big sister Britney _ were there for the birth, though Aldridge was the only one allowed in the delivery room.

"It was such a big day," she said. "And being able to have your sister there, your whole family there, meant a lot. Everybody flew in to celebrate."

Lynne Spears, already grandmother to Britney's young sons, told the magazine: "You never remember how little they are, and then you hold them. I purred like a kitten, and I remember saying, `Jamie Lynn, she's so beautiful.'"

Jamie Lynn thinks Maddie takes after daddy.

"As much as I'd like her to look like me _ I just carried her for nine months _ she looks like Casey! He reminds me of it every day," she said.

Jamie Lynn said Maddie sleeps in a bassinet by the couple's bed because she's "not ready to put her (in the nursery) all the way across the house."

She said Lynne Spears is a hands-on grandma.

"Mama has been here a bunch," she said. "She wants to see the baby all the time. She told me the doctors are always going to be real strict and tell you, `Don't do this and don't do that.' Just follow your instincts. You're the mother and you know what your baby needs. That's what I've done and it seems to have worked."

Jamie Lynn, who recently starred on the Nickelodeon sitcom "Zoey 101," said she plans to raise Maddie down South where "the focus is family."

"I would love being the soccer mom," she said. "They don't have soccer down here, but I would love being the softball mom driving the kids around."
I have highlighted the particularly egregious and unintentionally ironic sections for your amusement.

Great things we're teaching our tweens and teens these days. God, America is f*cked.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a member of the Spears family, remember. Not every teen in this country has such low standards.

JB

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
He laid some pipe alright...
rimshot.gif

Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Reaction score
Who cares; I will agree that the Spears are a trashy bunch, but as far as being seventeen and having a kid, I don't see the problem. Perhaps I'm just to into the idea that anything is fine if you can handle it.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nico Samuel Pleninsek
Who cares; I will agree that the Spears are a trashy bunch, but as far as being seventeen and having a kid, I don't see the problem. Perhaps I'm just to into the idea that anything is fine if you can handle it.

Sorry, but if you're 16 and pregnant, you've f*cked up. F*cked up for you, f*cked up for your partner, and f*cked up for your baby. Handle it or not, nobody is going to reach their full potential as a human.

Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Sorry, but if you're 16 and pregnant, you've f*cked up. F*cked up for you, f*cked up for your partner, and f*cked up for your baby. Handle it or not, nobody is going to reach their full potential as a human.

Most people will never reach there fullest potential anyways. I would get married now just for the hell of it, wouldn't have a kid though.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since America is not one of those cultures that condones and promotes 12-year old marriages, and the like, I think a pregnant 16 year old is trashy Jerry Springer-appropriate material at its tragic best. This is John Waters territory. I also find this dubious:
"I would love being the soccer mom," she said. "They don't have soccer down here, but I would love being the softball mom driving the kids around."

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Since America is not one of those cultures that condones and promotes 12-year old marriages, and the like, I think a pregnant 16 year old is trashy Jerry Springer-appropriate material at its tragic best.

This is John Waters territory.

We don't condone it, we just like to read about it and watch it on TV. Given that the alleged true father is a 40+ year old stage hand on her ****** show, I think Jerry Springer is a bit too classy for her.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to clarify what people take issue with here...

1.) That she was ******* at or before the age of 16

or

2.) That she was dumb enough to get knocked up

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas

So in order to reach the full potential as a human, what age should one be before getting pregnant?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
So in order to reach the full potential as a human, what age should one be before getting pregnant?
We already know your answer...
uhoh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads