• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James Bond takes a 'Quantum' leap in luxury

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found it interesting that his tux fit so well considering he stole it off of someone.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Suits were terrible, so was the rest of the movie.

You're like a man that finds a bag of dog **** at his doorstep and decides to smell it so he can complain the smell was awful. What did you expect?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You're like a man that finds a bag of dog **** at his doorstep and decides to smell it so he can complain the smell was awful. What did you expect?
I feel that I am better able to complain if I have first hand **** experience.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I feel that I am better able to complain if I have first hand **** experience.

I'd look for the person that left the bag, they might be out to get you; nothing says "Dear Sir, may I express through the gift of this bag of canine excretion the indignation your continued existence continues to arouse in my usually serene soul." more than leaving a bag of (burning) dog **** on your porch.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Here's an extract from some genius expounding on the merits of QoS on superfuture:

"It's pretty confusing if you want this movie to make sense. It doesn't make sense immediately. You really have to abstractly think about things to make it make sense. In that aspect, it's kind of a bad movie."

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
wrong thread
frown.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the reviewer's comment about the "soft lines" of Brioni suits and that functioning sleeve buttons are indicators of "high sartorial status" (once upon a time, maybe). In the L.A. Times article, which was somewhat longer, he also speaks of Roger Moore's wearing a DB, peak-lapel DJ as if that were some sort of sartorial atrocity.

Methinks journalist Adam Tschorn doesn't know much about quality menswear, but that is often the way of journalists: They often think that by virtue of their journalistic training they can write about anything, even that about which they know little or nothing.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma

lol8[1].gif

I've always admired the consistency and zeal with which Matt seems to subject himself to things he's bound not to like.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I liked the reviewer's comment about the "soft lines" of Brioni suits and that functioning sleeve buttons are indicators of "high sartorial status" (once upon a time, maybe). In the L.A. Times article, which was somewhat longer, he also speaks of Roger Moore's wearing a DB, peak-lapel DJ as if that were some sort of sartorial atrocity.

Methinks journalist Adam Tschorn doesn't know much about quality menswear, but that is often the way of journalists: They often think that by virtue of their journalistic training they can write about anything, even that about which they know little or nothing.

I've been doing that for 30 years and no-one's woken up yet. It's what we do.

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Isn't JB wearing some brown suede chukkas/db
000357.jpg
in the movie? Could it be that Herring shoes has them on offer under their own brandname
2245-1211-photo3.jpg
, when they are in fact made by Church's?
1082-623-photo2.jpg
(Ryder III) After all, the only difference to me seems to be the inner lining.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe this is the first Bond film in a VERY long time that he did not sport at least one three-piece. Also, wasn't this supposed to be a continuation one hour past the final shot of the last film where he looked smashing, managing to pull off a three-piece while hoisting a machine gun as he said "Bond....James Bond..." Is this a continuity problem, or did he decide to change suits first before driving back to the city?
bounce2.gif

yo!

Reaction score
Clearly he stole a new suit from the mansion of they guy he shot in the leg. Luckily, the suit fit as perfectly as the tux that he steals later in the movie.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the wardrobe changes are phenomenal from scene to scene seeing as Bond travels the world without any luggage. In the airport scene when Bond and Mathis arrive in Bolivia, I think Bond is carrying nothing more than a briefcase. I also love how the scars on his face seem to heal like magic.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
the wardrobe changes are phenomenal from scene to scene seeing as Bond travels the world without any luggage. In the airport scene when Bond and Mathis arrive in Bolivia, I think Bond is carrying nothing more than a briefcase. I also love how the scars on his face seem to heal like magic.

I've noticed that happens quite a bit in movies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads