• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaguar XK - Any Experience?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yawnnnnnnnnn. Even the XKR isnt too exciting.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The XKSS is one of my all time favs. But unfortunately I'm not one of the fortunate and extraordinarily weathy owners. Or do you mean one of the more modern and blah XKs?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The more modern and blah XK.

Was originally thinking about an M3, but that seemed a little too obvious.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can't compare an M3 and an XK. Two totally different cars. A better comparison would be a 650i and an XK.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not trying to compare them, I am trying to decide between them. I understand they are very different animals, and that is why the choice is difficult.

The 650i is not a very attractive car IMO.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jaguars have much more presence in person than in pictures, but i still cant get over the fact that they look like hyundais to me.

Maybe its just me since i often see praise for their new looks, but im not a fan at all.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alan
The jaguars have much more presence in person than in pictures, but i still cant get over the fact that they look like hyundais to me.

Maybe its just me since i often see praise for their new looks, but im not a fan at all.

+1

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are looking in the around 50-60k level, why not hit up a C63? Great bang for your buck. 0-60 in about 4.3, 450 bhp, 6.2L engine. Room for a family of 5 and groceries, plus I think it is a good looking car.

Pink22m

Reaction score
For a family of 5, the C63 (and the rest of the C class lineup) is quite small. Why not get an E class with more room?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well I was just kidding with the gamily of five line, he is looking at an XK, im sure he does not want a family salooooon. The C is a little less bloated and more nimble than the E, and of course it is more expensive. He said he was looking at the M3, I prefer the C63 to it. It is definitely more fun to drive than the stuff M3 or the S4. But if I were to get any sedan, it would be the new CTS V. over 550 HP powered by the supercharged LS9.... thats the king of the class.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I may just be showing my ignorance of MB, but I find the E class a little family sedan like.

I am also considering the Cayman, but I am not crazy about losing a backseat. They come in handy, and I don't want to have to take my wife's war wagon to the grocery store. Totally different animal, but I was pretty impressed with the look of the XF. The performance is not in the same league as the XK, but the lines were quite nice, and the interior, very attractive as well.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
I like the XKR cabrio, great sound!

I had to sold my Maserati spyder ( thanks leftiests of the world,,,)

And I can´t afford it now

I hope the Mas Spyder was your wife's or daughters....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads