• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaguar XK - Any Experience?

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
They've been taking a slight price dive, but nothing comparable to the range of cars the OP is seeking advice on. I have seen some 360's selling at or below the 80k mark.

Guys are talking about cars for weekends where a XKR is a car you can drive every day. May as well have suggested a SUV or mini van.

I have to say ferrari and alot of other super cars do not live up to all the hype. 430 isn't bad but the 360 is a terrible car. I would really suggest renting one or driving a friends before ever buying one of these cars. Some people won't tell you the truth but a few will tell you that owning a ferrari is a royal pain **********.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would suspect that is even more true if you are only just able to afford a ferrari.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen some 360's selling at or below the 80k mark.

And theres good reason for that...

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
Guys are talking about cars for weekends where a XKR is a car you can drive every day. May as well have suggested a SUV or mini van.

I have to say ferrari and alot of other super cars do not live up to all the hype. 430 isn't bad but the 360 is a terrible car. I would really suggest renting one or driving a friends before ever buying one of these cars. Some people won't tell you the truth but a few will tell you that owning a ferrari is a royal pain **********.

It's almost safe to assume, most exotics can be a pain in the butt, especially regarding maintenance and reliability.

montyharding

Reaction score
I dunno what is going on with Jaguar design as of late. I spent a long time behind an XKR on Saturday and the more I looked at the back of it, the more Ford overtones I could see. I then overtook it, then got stuck in traffic again - and it doesn't look that great from the side and the screened grille looks pretend, for want of a better word.

And the XF-R looks like a Volvo. From every angle.

Perhaps they're trying too hard to refresh the image.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just reading about the massive power boost XKR's will receive in 2010 (510hp), that's essentially DBS territory.

However, if money was no object, the DBS would still be decoration of choice for my driveway.

wt888

Reaction score
I was just reading about the massive power boost XKR's will receive in 2010 (510hp), that's essentially DBS territory.

However, if money was no object, the DBS would still be decoration of choice for my driveway.

If you are looking for a 500 bhp Jaguar need to do what a friend of mine is, get a XJR 15.

More pictures:

http://www.astonmartinlife.com/forum...=1265#post1265

wt888

Reaction score
I've never even heard of the car....but it looks amazing.

There were only 50 made (by TWR for Jaguar) and they were run in a one make race series before several F1 races in the early 90's. Cost of the cars was GBP 500k each and the winner of the final race took home $1 million.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never even heard of the car....but it looks amazing.
These were supposedly terrible handling cars. You should be able to dig up the Top Gear review on youtube.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I am also considering the Cayman, but I am not crazy about losing a backseat. They come in handy, and I don't want to have to take my wife's war wagon to the grocery store.

Have you considered an Audi S5 - beautiful, practical, powerful, and you don't see them everywhere. If I were in the market for a 4-seat coupe, the S5 would be high on my list.

wt888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
Have you considered an Audi S5 - beautiful, practical, powerful, and you don't see them everywhere. If I were in the market for a 4-seat coupe, the S5 would be high on my list.

Why not wait and get a Porsche Panamera?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads