• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

13.characters

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to JMM. I was wondering if any of you could suggest where you are buying your pairs from within EU? And if there's a chance I could find Dealan in size 53 cheaper than 1.5k

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Questions for the California-based JMM fans-
Good See in Venice normally has one of the bigger supplies.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have to decide between the loewy in jasper and the dealan in eclipse. Which one would y’all say fit me better? These will be fitted with transitions if that makes any difference.

Dealan are 100 times better.
Loewy might be cool in a different colour but the black looks too bold on you imo

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Thoughts on the fit on these molinos?

Attachments

• 28B70045-C6CC-4587-A09D-BD8FA39A3035.jpeg
    28B70045-C6CC-4587-A09D-BD8FA39A3035.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 172
  • B84A2124-12FC-4895-A369-046FF64F8B9A.jpeg
    B84A2124-12FC-4895-A369-046FF64F8B9A.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 186

Facultyofzen

Reaction score

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have to decide between the loewy in jasper and the dealan in eclipse. Which one would y’all say fit me better? These will be fitted with transitions if that makes any difference.

I prefer the Dealan, but the Devaux (it's the current name) don't look bad either, different vibes.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to JMM. I was wondering if any of you could suggest where you are buying your pairs from within EU? And if there's a chance I could find Dealan in size 53 cheaper than 1.5k

1,5k is the price for the Last Frontier range. Regular models sell at 700/800 EUR. As for sources, you can easily google by the frame's model. In my experience Italian stores have advantageous prices.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another very good fit on the Cash (Facebook).

Screenshot (484).png

Definitely a lovely frame with a lot of presence.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark Havana with blue (Cerulean) lenses seems to be the new standard for this colourway, not a fan, it was perfect with Olive lenses in my eyes.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi folks, I'd love to get some opinions on these frames.

I have a narrow face so many sunglasses look big on me, even moreso with JMM. I like the bold styles but am trying to find one that looks well-proportioned on my face. I tried some classics like the Dealan and Molino but they were huge on me. Anyway, here are some frames that I thought had potential:

Vendome in dark havana (47mm lens, 145mm total width)
IMG_6126.JPG
IMG_8243.JPG
IMG_8244.JPG

Vendome in hickory:
IMG_6128.JPG
IMG_8246.JPG
IMG_8247.JPG

Kellerman (46mm lens, 144mm total width). I would add some tinted lenses in here to make them sunglasses.
IMG_6127.JPG
IMG_8254.JPG
IMG_8256.JPG

Zepherin (44mm lens, 135mm total width). Fits me well enough but is a more generic style IMO, doesn't have the presence of the best JMM styles so less interesting to me.
IMG_8250.JPG

To me, these all look fine but I'm not sure if they're great enough for me to justify the purchase. But it's hard to separate what is truly a fit issue and what is just a style that's not what I am used to. I think my current favorite is the Kellerman, though to me the style isn't quite as "cool" as many JMM frames and more just...interesting. It's like a juiced-up version of a panto frame.

For reference, my own Moscot Dahven frames that I think fit me well and love wearing (44mm lens, 140mm total width)
IMG_8258.JPG
Thanks all! Let me know what you think of these and if there are any other frames you recommend.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a pic of the zepherin straight on since I think those look the best on you. I think the vendome looks pretty good, as long as you don't mind your eye not being in the center of the lens.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to go with what you’re comfortable with. I was excited to try on JMMs after I’d read about them. The first pair I tried were hickory Dealans. I thought they were way too big and chunky - thought maybe JMMs are not for me?
It just takes time for your eyes to adjust to the look. Kind of like when you first get your hair cut. The next day you look in the mirror and it seems weird as your eyes are used to seeing longer-haired you. In time you get used to it.

I now own two pairs of Dealans!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads