• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
So I called my local shop regarding the arrival of my Quentin from my pre-order at the trunk show of 2 weeks ago. They said may take month or two.

I checked other online retailer - https://www.sunglasscurator.com/des...e-quentin-hickory-fade-johnny-cash-sunglasses
They are saying shipping June 30th. The year seems to have a typo.

So the only advantage of trunk show is you get to see them first. But apart from that they aren't shipping sooner I believe.

So if I had to buy directly from JMM site today with 2 days shipping, does that mean it would arrive next week? JMM doesn't tell estimated delivery time or I don't know how much processing time they need in hand. Anyone who bought online know their delivery time?

Perhaps they should change "Add to cart" to "Pre-order" and provide ETA. Because if someone buying online getting it next week than me going through local dealer and getting it in 2 months doesn't make sense I feel when they are taking whole amount upfront.
My assumption is if you buy from jmm today, it’ll ship soon. Unfortunately, what I’ve learned that with jmm’s model, even if stores placed an order then they aren’t guaranteed to get the model if it sells out online first. ( I am sure pre-orders are an exception as I haven’t heard any complaints here). Therefore, clearly jmm is prioritizing orders directly from their store (which makes sense as they probably make a shitload better margins)

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
So I called my local shop regarding the arrival of my Quentin from my pre-order at the trunk show of 2 weeks ago. They said may take month or two.

I checked other online retailer - https://www.sunglasscurator.com/des...e-quentin-hickory-fade-johnny-cash-sunglasses
They are saying shipping June 30th. The year seems to have a typo.

So the only advantage of trunk show is you get to see them first. But apart from that they aren't shipping sooner I believe.

So if I had to buy directly from JMM site today with 2 days shipping, does that mean it would arrive next week? JMM doesn't tell estimated delivery time or I don't know how much processing time they need in hand. Anyone who bought online know their delivery time?

Perhaps they should change "Add to cart" to "Pre-order" and provide ETA. Because if someone buying online getting it next week than me going through local dealer and getting it in 2 months doesn't make sense I feel when they are taking whole amount upfront.
Reason I never do the pre-orders at the trunk show since different retailers get stock at different times. If it's in stock on the JMM web-store and you purchase, you will receive it in 2 days when they ship which would most likely be next week. As long as the site doesn't say preorder than you're good, plus the Venice and Hollywood shop has them available so you could call them and they can ship to you as well.

swf999

Reaction score
Reason I never do the pre-orders at the trunk show since different retailers get stock at different times. If it's in stock on the JMM web-store and you purchase, you will receive it in 2 days when they ship which would most likely be next week. As long as the site doesn't say preorder than you're good, plus the Venice and Hollywood shop has them available so you could call them and they can ship to you as well.
Cheers.

I guess the only difference is you don't pay taxes when buying from local dealer that's like 80$ savings and just expect 2 months delay then.

I don't like this nature of the brand. Jerome likes to talk about how workers in China work on a dirt floor and hence we wants to respect everyone equally in Japanese factories and his company values but then his company doesn't seem to fulfill orders on timely manner in sequential order and rather prefer to give preferences convenient to them and their relationships with the dealers.

It amazes me...

D32169

Reaction score
Hammer time! Purchased at Eye Pieces Vail at 9 am on opening day. Quentin/Hickory fade

Attachments

• IMG_0721.jpeg
    IMG_0721.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 277

marcusngjm

Reaction score
Regarding shipping, I ordered from the site ytd and they have already shipped it out

ColdinMN

Reaction score
I agree with much of what has been written here recently. It seems that JMM has been going through growing pains and may soon be at a tipping point, at least for me.

My first JMM frame was purchased about 5 year ago and cost around $350. Underpriced for the quality of product but still a little more than I paid for frames before that. Like many here I came from C+G. I was willing to put up with minor imperfections and slow customer service given the seemingly small size of the operation and cool designs that were updated versions of classics. Think Jax and Molino frames.

With the increased prices I am now less tolerant of the oxidation on the temple hardware, occasional size misinformation on the website, crooked exposed temple hardware, delayed reimbursement for returns, and slow response to emails. When we’re paying close to $1000 USD for most frames we expect a little more. Maybe I’m just getting old.

That said, JMM is still my first choice when looking to buy frames. I love that they are a company founded on creating eyewear, not jewelry or clothing or something else. Still, I will be looking at Chrome Hearts or maybe Akoni in the future. I just don’t like too much bling on my frames.

Sorry for the rant.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quentin ordered in Hickory Fade. Not huge on the Thor’s hammer pin but like the style and colorway overall.

Roctopuss

Reaction score
Anyone seen the "corroding temples" on the Facebook group? Apparently they don't seal the temple where the wire goes inside of the acetate, and people get corrosion inside there and the models with exposed wirecore.

One guy said 4 of 5 of his JMMs have this issue!!! Absolutely shocking that this seems so prevalent! Anyone here have corroding temples?

One guy had a good idea about sealing them with nail polish. Sad that JMM can't take care of this from the factory.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My assumption is if you buy from jmm today, it’ll ship soon. Unfortunately, what I’ve learned that with jmm’s model, even if stores placed an order then they aren’t guaranteed to get the model if it sells out online first. ( I am sure pre-orders are an exception as I haven’t heard any complaints here). Therefore, clearly jmm is prioritizing orders directly from their store (which makes sense as they probably make a shitload better margins)

I think that you are correct in your assumption, as it makes perfectly sense, to prioritize the sales in their own site.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hammer time! Purchased at Eye Pieces Vail at 9 am on opening day. Quentin/Hickory fade

It's undoubtedly a lovely frame, but I'm not sure if I will ever be able to accept those hammers.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with much of what has been written here recently. It seems that JMM has been going through growing pains and may soon be at a tipping point, at least for me.

My first JMM frame was purchased about 5 year ago and cost around $350. Underpriced for the quality of product but still a little more than I paid for frames before that. Like many here I came from C+G. I was willing to put up with minor imperfections and slow customer service given the seemingly small size of the operation and cool designs that were updated versions of classics. Think Jax and Molino frames.

With the increased prices I am now less tolerant of the oxidation on the temple hardware, occasional size misinformation on the website, crooked exposed temple hardware, delayed reimbursement for returns, and slow response to emails. When we’re paying close to $1000 USD for most frames we expect a little more. Maybe I’m just getting old.

That said, JMM is still my first choice when looking to buy frames. I love that they are a company founded on creating eyewear, not jewelry or clothing or something else. Still, I will be looking at Chrome Hearts or maybe Akoni in the future. I just don’t like too much bling on my frames.

Sorry for the rant.

Chrome Hearts is probably not the right choice, if you don't like much bling.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen the "corroding temples" on the Facebook group? Apparently they don't seal the temple where the wire goes inside of the acetate, and people get corrosion inside there and the models with exposed wirecore.

One guy said 4 of 5 of his JMMs have this issue!!! Absolutely shocking that this seems so prevalent! Anyone here have corroding temples?

One guy had a good idea about sealing them with nail polish. Sad that JMM can't take care of this from the factory.

Never seen something like that, and think that the numbers might be exaggerated. The only small issue I had was a slight oxidation on a spur pin, that I could easily remove.

Last edited:

jeaniusog

Reaction score
Chrome Hearts and JMM are literally the same (interchangeable and most people wont know the difference) except the minor differences of crosses and swords/daggers instead of hammers lol. When i saw the price of the Cash i thought to myself why order these online i can get Chrome Hearts. Both have good customer service, Chrome hearts sent me a brand new pair of glasses when a nose pad broke off. Only thing i might add is the Resale value of JMM might hold up better because there is a fan boy group that drives up the prices

even the shapes are very similar, and interchangable. like if you missed out on the Enzos you could get the Box Officer (Chrome hearts) and call it a day.

Wouldnt be surprised if they share the same manufacturer in japan like most cheaper brands do with luxottica and they just change the little logos and embellishments here and there. but now they are at the same price point it really makes no difference

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chrome Hearts and JMM are literally the same (interchangeable and most people wont know the difference) except the minor differences of crosses and swords/daggers instead of hammers lol. When i saw the price of the Cash i thought to myself why order these online i can get Chrome Hearts. Both have good customer service, Chrome hearts sent me a brand new pair of glasses when a nose pad broke off. Only thing i might add is the Resale value of JMM might hold up better because there is a fan boy group that drives up the prices

even the shapes are very similar, and interchangable. like if you missed out on the Enzos you could get the Box Officer (Chrome hearts) and call it a day.

Wouldnt be surprised if they share the same manufacturer in japan like most cheaper brands do with luxottica and they just change the little logos and embellishments here and there. but now they are at the same price point it really makes no difference
I think one major difference is that CH don’t sell via their website.

Also my impression is that CH specialize more in wire frame style although I’m sure they do acetate too. Are they usually 10mm chunky acetate that we love about JMM?

I’ll also add for wire framed styles I have a pair of Leisure Society in titanium that I love!

jeaniusog

Reaction score
I think one major difference is that CH don’t sell via their website.

Also my impression is that CH specialize more in wire frame style although I’m sure they do acetate too. Are they usually 10mm chunky acetate that we love about JMM?

I’ll also add for wire framed styles I have a pair of Leisure Society in titanium that I love!

yes thats true, chrome hearts dont sell online and are very strict for authorized dealers too. or even to get an account with them. I guess they do have wire frames but i always thought Chrome Hearts were the first ones that specialize in thick and high quality acetate frames. Thats how i was first introduced to Chrome Hearts, then once i started seeing JMM around IG i thought they were Chrome Hearts at a glance. Always found it odd how similar they were. JMM uses native embellishments and Chrome uses gothic. I dont know much about JMMs but one thing i always liked about Chrome was they always push the envelope.

with things like adding rubber embellishments at the end of the temples for better grip. adding wired nose pads on thick acetate frames so it doesnt get oily and slide off your face.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads