• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I'd love to, but it just wouldn't be very responsible of me. Maybe if I had 20k in the bank.

Plus my lenses will cost close to $1000, so no way in hell am I gonna do that twice. It's one and done for me. Maybe someday in the future I could think about another pair, but it would probably be something very different like the Astaire or even the Akoni Hercules.
Akoni currently have some nice frames. I recently purchased the Columba for my new opticals whilst I await the Fellini Taupe to drop.

Attachments

• IMG_3635.jpg
    IMG_3635.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 173

yunBW

Reaction score
As you like the model and it fits you well, you might consider getting them both. The Fellini Noir is a classic though, and I can figure it fitting you good as well.

Personally, I would love to see new colourways for the Fellini: Ochre, Taupe and London would be great.
hahaha, currently saving up for Challenger or a frame that I like with a transition lens in it. Been trying to derail from the rectangular/square frames from my current lineup.

Would like to see the Fellini in indigo or tempest

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Akoni currently have some nice frames. I recently purchased the Columba for my new opticals whilst I await the Fellini Taupe to drop.
Yeah, I actually started with Akoni - great frames. So many of their models are just a little overdesigned through - example, one of my favorite pairs of glasses are the orions, yet I constantly get people asking if they have some google glass like functionality because of the black side shield plate on the front - the glasses would be better without it. Jmm plays around with shapes and colors, but doesn’t add in crap like that

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahaha, currently saving up for Challenger or a frame that I like with a transition lens in it. Been trying to derail from the rectangular/square frames from my current lineup.

The Fellini in Tempest was already released, I have it.

Edit:
The stunning Fellini Tempest.

Screenshot (476).png

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered anything recently from JMM directly and made a return? I remember sometime last year there were some long delays.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered anything recently from JMM directly and made a return? I remember sometime last year there were some long delays.
Sort of. I had to send a pair back for a warranty repair this past January. I triple-attacked with a direct email, a phone call, and the contact form on the website.

Pechelman

Reaction score
I returned something about a month ago. Sent an email requesting a return and got a response within hours that included a shipping label. Was very pleased with how it all went. My only minor complaint was that they didn't send me an email confirmation that they had received the item.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score

As mentioned already, tempest was an earlier release colourway. I know where there's a pair, if you're interested send me a PM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads