• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went in store to try the ashcroft for fun end up coming out with one. Did not expect the shape to be so good. I tried out the Jeff as well but still prefer the ashcroft. Going to try to get the challenger in rover once it’s available

Very nice. Volvox?

jeaniusog

Reaction score
@Badger716 hey bro mind sharing where this store is? been looking for a pair of belize

nevermind found it from the logo in the back

yunBW

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_5670.jpeg
    IMG_5670.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 226

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, I was debating between the black one with Volvox but the black is the same cw as my fenllini

Was the Ochre not available? Anyway, the Volvox is lovely, I have the Aldo in that colurway.

yunBW

Reaction score
Was the Ochre not available? Anyway, the Volvox is lovely, I have the Aldo in that colurway.
It is available, but the color did not suit my complexion as much as the volvox or black. I believe it just get too washout for my skin tone

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is available, but the color did not suit my complexion as much as the volvox or black. I believe it just get too washout for my skin tone

Yes, I can figure it.
Did you take pictured with the other colouways on?

yunBW

Reaction score
Only the black pair and another pair of frontier collection in rover. I liked the monlio 55 in grey but the style feels too conservative

Attachments

• IMG_5666.jpeg
    IMG_5666.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_5669.jpeg
    IMG_5669.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 246

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went in store to try the ashcroft for fun end up coming out with one. Did not expect the shape to be so good. I tried out the Jeff as well but still prefer the ashcroft. Going to try to get the challenger in rover once it’s available
These look really good on you.
On the pic posted further upthread they either look very wide or the wearer has a very narrow face (or it’s the old issue with taking compressed view selfies) but these look class.

I’m still hoping to try Ashcroft IRL but none of the colours appeal to me. Volvox probably my favourite out of those available and I like the exposed engraved temples on volvox but I have a pair of Moscot Hyman in emerald green which are very similar and I don’t want to duplicate. Hope they come out with more colours in the future.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have fit pics of Ashcroft?. Either in Noir or Ochre since haven’t seen anyone in that colorway just yet. Im about to pull the trigger but would love more convincing. 😁

Roctopuss

Reaction score
Anyone else have fit pics of Ashcroft?. Either in Noir or Ochre since haven’t seen anyone in that colorway just yet. Im about to pull the trigger but would love more convincing. 😁
@RegisDB9 promised some fit pics but I think he's just toying with our emotions. Until then I've just been staring at this every 5 minutes...

EDIT: whelp I bought them, they should be here Wednesday. If I like them more than my current frames then I'll have a pair of Kaine's in Agar available to purchase.

Attachments

• 063A05BA-B723-4F07-A09E-0749F063CD15.jpeg
    063A05BA-B723-4F07-A09E-0749F063CD15.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RegisDB9 promised some fit pics but I think he's just toying with our emotions. Until then I've just been staring at this every 5 minutes...

EDIT: whelp I bought them, they should be here Wednesday. If I like them more than my current frames then I'll have a pair of Kaine's in Agar available to purchase.

I would suggest to keep them both, as they are different enough in shape and colour.

Someone here sadly regrets having sold his beloved frames.

Roctopuss

Reaction score
I would suggest to keep them both, as they are different enough in shape and colour.

Someone here sadly regrets having sold his beloved frames.
I'd love to, but it just wouldn't be very responsible of me. Maybe if I had 20k in the bank.

Plus my lenses will cost close to $1000, so no way in hell am I gonna do that twice. It's one and done for me. Maybe someday in the future I could think about another pair, but it would probably be something very different like the Astaire or even the Akoni Hercules.

Attachments

• shopping.jpeg
    shopping.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 212

yunBW

Reaction score
These look really good on you.
On the pic posted further upthread they either look very wide or the wearer has a very narrow face (or it’s the old issue with taking compressed view selfies) but these look class.

I’m still hoping to try Ashcroft IRL but none of the colours appeal to me. Volvox probably my favourite out of those available and I like the exposed engraved temples on volvox but I have a pair of Moscot Hyman in emerald green which are very similar and I don’t want to duplicate. Hope they come out with more colours in the future.
Thank you, pretty much bought the volvox due to the color and exposed engraved temples. It’s such a nice color where it’s feels like a mixture of green beige and grey. Kinda smoky feeling which I don’t have for my current frames.
Posted the noir anshcroft above. I personally prefer the noir if I didn’t already have the noir fenllini.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, pretty much bought the volvox due to the color and exposed engraved temples. It’s such a nice color where it’s feels like a mixture of green beige and grey. Kinda smoky feeling which I don’t have for my current frames.

Posted the noir anshcroft above. I personally prefer the noir if I didn’t already have the noir fenllini.

As you like the model and it fits you well, you might consider getting them both. The Fellini Noir is a classic though, and I can figure it fitting you good as well.

Personally, I would love to see new colourways for the Fellini: Ochre, Taupe and London would be great.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
As you like the model and it fits you well, you might consider getting them both. The Fellini Noir is a classic though, and I can figure it fitting you good as well.

Personally, I would love to see new colourways for the Fellini: Ochre, Taupe and London would be great.
Taupe is coming. I don't think Ocre will happen as they already did a small run in Seed.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads