• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for these pics, I think I'm about to order them! I have the Kaines but I think the Ashcrofts will be similar but a bit shorter; maybe better for opticals. Really want to make sure I have the right frames for my face because I definitely can't afford multiple frames like most of y'all :violin:Especially when the lenses are close to $1000

I also see similarities between Kaine and Ashcroft, both very attractive.

Pechelman

Reaction score
following up with some photos during a quick step outside when the sun came out

The first compares what's appx full darkness on top compared to what it looked like after a couple of minutes sitting in the shade below. I tried to find a more neutral area to take the photo but it's what I could find.
View attachment 1958929

The second I tried my best to show the actual color by overlaying the lenses between an area of shadow vs light. What really indicates the real color is the clear portions of the black fade frame as it picks up the green from the lenses quite well. Hopefully that helps.

View attachment 1958931

Hopefully quoting my own post isnt too much of a faux pas, but thought it could be helpful to some to have these images in the same post with a similar set from the hickory taos with Zeiss photochromic lenses in their Pioneer (green) color. Pretty pleased overall. Think I'm glad to have gone with this lens and color since originally I was intending to go with the Transitions Amber. For a hot second I was also looking at the Zeiss Blue...

half_full_dark.jpg
shadow_light.jpg

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Sold my Jeff Shadow 2 and got a Jeff Argyle…going to get some JMM lenses in them and call it a day fellas I’ve reached my 12th pair

1685742121360.gif

Badger716

Reaction score
I think they could work as oversized sunglasses. They seem to be a statement piece. If you really like them, get them!
They are clearly oversized. Get them, if you like this look, but it's at the limit.

I think you could find better fitting frames.
I really like them as sunnies for you, I don't like them as opticals unfortunately, they are too large for that vibe.
Really appreciate the feedback folks! I agree that they can work as sunglasses.

I was immediately wowed by the sunnies which took me over & prompted me to post here, but in the end I don't think I'll get them. Simply put, they don't fit my style and personality.

Last edited:

Badger716

Reaction score
Try an Enzo. Thank me later 😊
If you look at my belize fit pic you'll see my eyebrows bisect the top of the frame in an unflattering way. Half in and half out.

Enzos have the same problem unfortunately :(

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold my Jeff Shadow 2 and got a Jeff Argyle…going to get some JMM lenses in them and call it a day fellas I’ve reached my 12th pair

View attachment 1968123
You were supposed to sell me those Jeffs.
How soon we forget eh?
That’s you off my Christmas list!

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Don't know if underrated, but a gorgeous colourway for sure.
I have to stop regretting the Seed and embrace the Ochre instead.
I’ve never seen the ochre in person, but it always seems so yellow in the pictures. Is this accurate or is it more light brown?

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve never seen the ochre in person, but it always seems so yellow in the pictures. Is this accurate or is it more light brown?

Not seen in person as well, but it looks like a dull, muted orange, or brownish orange. In some fit pics it looks quite darker though.

Edit:
Here a picture in the wild (facebook).

Screenshot (473).png

Last edited:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once you have fallen in love with JMM, you'll hardly be ever retired.
New stunning models and colourways will appear and you will get them.
Yeah they’ll go through a period of releases which just don’t appeal to me and I think “that’s it - I’m done!” … then along comes an absolute must-have stunner!

Or else you plan in your mind the perfect frame and lens combo and live in the hope that it or something similar will one day be released and your life will be complete … at least for a while!

yunBW

Reaction score
Went in store to try the ashcroft for fun end up coming out with one. Did not expect the shape to be so good. I tried out the Jeff as well but still prefer the ashcroft. Going to try to get the challenger in rover once it’s available

Attachments

• IMG_5674.jpeg
    IMG_5674.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 207

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads