• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Badger716

Reaction score
What do you guys think about a Belize for someone with a shorter head but otherwise fits well?

Tried them on today on a whim and the bridge fit is perfect, the width is perfect, and the opticians seemed to love the look too. Like many here I'm not a fan of the crazy side embellishments but the place I went to is the only place near me that accepts my insurance so it's the Agar colorway or nothing. Maybe wait for another Belize colorway?

I seem to struggle finding good fitting JMMs (and glasses in general). Only ones that fit are Molino 55s and Zephirin 47s, literally any frame that has the bigger size in the name lol. Everything is too narrow, and when a frame is wide enough like Enzos or Yves they have narrow bridge fits and awkwardly clip my eyebrows as opticals...

Might swing by again tomorrow to get better photos to post here

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about a Belize for someone with a shorter head but otherwise fits well?

Tried them on today on a whim and the bridge fit is perfect, the width is perfect, and the optometrists seemed to love the look too. Like many here I'm not a fan of the crazy side embellishments but the place I went to is the only place near me that accepts my insurance so it's the Agar colorway or nothing. Maybe wait for another Belize colorway?

I seem to struggle finding good fitting JMMs (and glasses in general). Only ones that fit are Molino 55s and Zephirin 47s, literally any frame that has the bigger size in the name lol. Everything is to narrow, and when a frame is wide enough like Enzos or Yves they have narrow bridge fits and awkwardly clip my eyebrows...

Might swing by again tomorrow to get better photos to post here

Post a fit, they could be a great oversized fit, or they could be a huge brick.

doofalb

Reaction score
Are the Johnny Cash already sold out or not available yet? Could find them on the JMM site

Badger716

Reaction score
As requested, Belize fit pics. Thinking of doing a 50% base tint that transitions into a dark 95% in the sun, so basically a sunglass replacement that looks ok indoors and can drive with.

Brother said it doesn’t suit my style/personality (which is kinda true imo, they’re super outlandish), but also he’s unfamiliar with the JMM look in general, so idk.

They’d definitely be my superstar glasses tho lol

Attachments

• IMG_0505.jpeg
    IMG_0505.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0501.jpeg
    IMG_0501.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0507.jpeg
    IMG_0507.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0499.jpeg
    IMG_0499.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 219

ColdinMN

Reaction score
As requested, Belize fit pics. Thinking of doing a 50% base tint that transitions into a dark 95% in the sun, so basically a sunglass replacement that looks ok indoors and can drive with.

Brother said it doesn’t suit my style/personality (which is kinda true imo, they’re super outlandish), but also he’s unfamiliar with the JMM look in general, so idk.

I think they could work as oversized sunglasses. They seem to be a statement piece. If you really like them, get them!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are clearly oversized. Get them, if you like this look, but it's at the limit.

I think you could find better fitting frames.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Try an Enzo. Thank me later 😊

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I really like them as sunnies for you, I don't like them as opticals unfortunately, they are too large for that vibe.

Tell me more about how Zeph 47s fit you, it seems highly unlikely that such a narrow frame would work when others don't.

If molino 55 work, why not molino 52 or dealan 53?

If it's a width issue, I'm right there with you. I wear Yves and Torino as daily opticals

Badger716

Reaction score
I really like them as sunnies for you, I don't like them as opticals unfortunately, they are too large for that vibe.

Tell me more about how Zeph 47s fit you, it seems highly unlikely that such a narrow frame would work when others don't.

If molino 55 work, why not molino 52 or dealan 53?

If it's a width issue, I'm right there with you. I wear Yves and Torino as daily opticals

It’s a width and bridge fit issue.

Bridge fit is a huge pet peeve of mine and is something that’s an important detail that can’t be changed easily, it honestly drives me crazy lol. You might be able to request them to adjust the bridge but your optician has to redo your rx lenses as it will have a different OC. There’s little chance they’ll do that for glasses they publicly display for people to try on.

For width, a rule of thumb I look for is when I’m putting on the frames, if I can feel the acetate flexing out when I put them on, and/or if they look like they’re bowing out too much when on it’s a no go. Flexing over time can’t be great for the glasses and it puts pressure on your temples, which isn’t great for your head and for already chunky glasses.

I think what you said a few pages ago is very true. Molino 55s/Torinos/Belizes fit similar heads.

I’ve attached a photo of me with Zeph 47s. They don’t really have any of the problems I mentioned above (although the bowing out is slightly there if you look from afar). IMO numbers can be a misnomer, they’re more for opticians than for consumers (Spectacle Factory has a good video explaining this)

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpeg
    IMG_0502.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Thoughts on Jagger versus Yves?

Attachments

• C7312597-95E7-4E86-99BB-C36BB02FDC8C.jpeg
    C7312597-95E7-4E86-99BB-C36BB02FDC8C.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 247
  • A8330233-1988-491D-8823-B39787289AF7.jpeg
    A8330233-1988-491D-8823-B39787289AF7.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 234

Roctopuss

Reaction score
Also I’m here to shill again for the Ocre Ash. Going to use them on a trip and put up some pics
Can't wait for these pics, I think I'm about to order them! I have the Kaines but I think the Ashcrofts will be similar but a bit shorter; maybe better for opticals. Really want to make sure I have the right frames for my face because I definitely can't afford multiple frames like most of y'all :violin:Especially when the lenses are close to $1000

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a width and bridge fit issue.

Bridge fit is a huge pet peeve of mine and is something that’s an important detail that can’t be changed easily, it honestly drives me crazy lol. You might be able to request them to adjust the bridge but your optician has to redo your rx lenses as it will have a different OC. There’s little chance they’ll do that for glasses they publicly display for people to try on.

For width, a rule of thumb I look for is when I’m putting on the frames, if I can feel the acetate flexing out when I put them on, and/or if they look like they’re bowing out too much when on it’s a no go. Flexing over time can’t be great for the glasses and it puts pressure on your temples, which isn’t great for your head and for already chunky glasses.

I think what you said a few pages ago is very true. Molino 55s/Torinos/Belizes fit similar heads.

I’ve attached a photo of me with Zeph 47s. They don’t really have any of the problems I mentioned above (although the bowing out is slightly there if you look from afar). IMO numbers can be a misnomer, they’re more for opticians than for consumers (Spectacle Factory has a good video explaining this)

The Zephirin looks good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads