• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have 4 pairs - no qr code. Must be only
for newer or collab pieces only?
Yeah I've 4 as well and this is the first time I've seen a QR NFT code.

Not sure if it's only for newer or collab, but I'm sure we'll find out as new releases trickle out.

lsterling

Reaction score
They've been doing them for awhile but not all retailers include the QR tag when they ship the glasses, for whatever reason.

fmvazquez

Reaction score
They've been doing them for awhile but not all retailers include the QR tag when they ship the glasses, for whatever reason.
Lazy? I think because they have to check all the QR until they find matching one

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I’ve seen some of the latest. My two cents …

They ******** right off with the Jonny Cash hammer.
Red Fellinis look good.
Happy to see more Jeffs, not impressed with the boring colours.
Hickory fade looks good. Not good enough for me to buy because …
They ******** right off with those bucking broncos!

So - relief my wallet is safe for the present!

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
KLR are keepers. London really is a great color

B47F2AF7-EB5D-4443-B357-52FE11E2D761.jpeg

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
When I hear there’s a new LF release coming I first feel anxious and filled with anticipation … and then a sense of doom and foreboding that I might actually like them and have to agonise about justifying a ridiculous amount of dough for yet another pair of shades! Now I hope I hate them! 😀😎

I’ve tried a previous iteration of Thunderclouds and sent them back as they were hyooge on me so right now I’m awash with relief.

We know about the five stages of reactions to grief, we should iron out the five stages of reactions to a JMM release!

I love my LF Rawlins but any new acquisitions will be carefully considered. Just like with large watch collections, the more you have, the more you have sitting in a drawer gathering dust. So despite my ridiculous collection of near 40 pairs of shades I’m trying not to accumulate (m)any more JMMs. At least living in FL I get to wear them almost every day.

Anyway back down to earth somewhat with a quick elevator selfie from today for reference if anyone’s interested - charcoal Juliens…

View attachment 1929233
I apologize for replying so late, but I have been wrapped up in work, being certain my mother is getting the care she needs and my cancer treatments that I am running behind on all things fun, like visiting this more than fun site. I just wanted to tell you how great you look from head to pocket square, and the JMMs are perfect!

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes I’ve got QR codes with most of my recent ones - all 3 Umit pairs, vendome and Dealan 53 all had one on there.
I haven’t scanned them so I don’t know what they actually do.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shoot, I was pretty much set on the Herbie but you're making me reconsider...!

Yeah I agree with this. Dealans are pretty ideal on you (I also thought Enzo were perfect on you and most people here seemed to think otherwise though), but herbie is great too.
I was also really suprised how much I liked herbie when i tried them in store

Roctopuss

Reaction score
So I’ve seen some of the latest. My two cents …

They ******** right off with the Jonny Cash hammer.
Red Fellinis look good.
Happy to see more Jeffs, not impressed with the boring colours.
Hickory fade looks good. Not good enough for me to buy because …
They ******** right off with those bucking broncos!

So - relief my wallet is safe for the present!
I agree with all of this but the last... those broncs are dope!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing some resemblace of the Serett with the Fellini and the Ichikawa, all great shapes.

Screenshot (425).png
Screenshot (426).png
Screenshot (427).png

Pakman161

Reaction score
Acoma is just the Mishima. Like nearly straight up the same frame.
Agree, still seems to have sharper lines and detail. Regardless, big fan. I wish I could pull off that Glacier colorway!

Does anyone think these compete with those in the Chrome Heart market? Or completely different segment?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acoma is just the Mishima. Like nearly straight up the same frame.
Ehh not really. The temples are shaped differently, the arrowheads are vertical, the overall dimensions, and detailing at the hinge are different. Similar I’ll give you that, prob why I like the Acoma in Argyle and tempted by them. Argyle usually doesn’t have visible metal wiring on the temples.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads