• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I hear there’s a new LF release coming I first feel anxious and filled with anticipation … and then a sense of doom and foreboding that I might actually like them and have to agonise about justifying a ridiculous amount of dough for yet another pair of shades! Now I hope I hate them! 😀😎

I’ve tried a previous iteration of Thunderclouds and sent them back as they were hyooge on me so right now I’m awash with relief.

We know about the five stages of reactions to grief, we should iron out the five stages of reactions to a JMM release!

I love my LF Rawlins but any new acquisitions will be carefully considered. Just like with large watch collections, the more you have, the more you have sitting in a drawer gathering dust. So despite my ridiculous collection of near 40 pairs of shades I’m trying not to accumulate (m)any more JMMs. At least living in FL I get to wear them almost every day.

Anyway back down to earth somewhat with a quick elevator selfie from today for reference if anyone’s interested - charcoal Juliens…

View attachment 1929233

Nice matching between lenses and jacket.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loving the new colourways for the Enzo.

Sunkiss.

Screenshot (288).png

Taupe.

Screenshot (418).png

Dark Havana.

Screenshot (417).png

Bingham

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Zephirin for eyeglasses? Considering getting a pair but I'm not sure if the weight of the arms will be too much over extended periods of time. Not sure if I should steer away from the sunglass frames and towards the true optics options.

lsterling

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Zephirin for eyeglasses? Considering getting a pair but I'm not sure if the weight of the arms will be too much over extended periods of time. Not sure if I should steer away from the sunglass frames and towards the true optics options.
Zephirin is available as an RX or sun and is one of the lighter acetate frames in the JMM catalog. I think you'll be fine. Spring hinges might be more comfortable, however.

Pakman161

Reaction score
I just typed up the names of the frames on the JMM website search function, and they do show up. Some are "preorder" and some are available already. Truly remarkable works of art, I can appreciate the effort that goes into these and how beautiful they are. Completely out of my price range, and I hope some folks on this forum can share pictures if they do end up purchasing one of them. I particularly like the hickory fade Acoma's. I do hate it when something appeals so strongly to me, yet I have to refrain and admire from afar.

1680193359635.png

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wore mine as opticals for awhile. I didn't find them noticeably heavy compared to the Dealan or Fellini. I just picked up the Domoto and I'd say they're maybe a touch lighter than the Zephirins.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads