• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
You see, not recommendable to wear your precious frames at the beach. ;)

So, you had three of them.o_O

At one point yeah. I have to say that at the beach I put them in their case cause I don’t wear sunglasses in the water to avoid weird sun tans….but yeah that day I accidentally dropped them in the water and the gold plated arrows instantly tarnished which was frankly disappointing. I have TFs that I don’t baby and no tarnish to be seen

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At one point yeah. I have to say that at the beach I put them in their case cause I don’t wear sunglasses in the water to avoid weird sun tans….but yeah that day I accidentally dropped them in the water and the gold plated arrows instantly tarnished which was frankly disappointing. I have TFs that I don’t baby and no tarnish to be seen

I understand your disappointment, the gold-plating should resist some more.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I understand your disappointment, the gold-plating should resist some more.

Yep that was way back in 2019. Kind of turned me off from JMM for a bit since what is supposed to be an inferior product (Marcolin, Luxottica) hold up like tanks being thrown around the car

I can tell you the exact moment I dropped them or they were splashed (cause it bothered me that much…first world problems) was me trying to take a pic of the color at the beach to show off in the RFT thread or Recent Parchases haha

Right after this pic they took a swim
B1270861-A416-4C05-A52A-2868F86E3E2A.jpeg

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I have to say that you almost don‘t see the pin on mines.
Luckily it's just a small perforation.
View attachment 1925435 View attachment 1925437
I've said this before and I'll say it again, this is what drives me absolutely bonkers about many JMM frames and the wire core setting. It turns me off so many designs. Jerome having a background in graphic design surely understands that anything that is not parallel just looks so wrong, and it seems there's been no attempt to correct these obvious flaws.

Call me picky but I will not burn money on something that irks me this much. Even the frames like Felson and Montana for example that have temples with a small vertical height dimension and exposed wire core are bang on perfectly parallel, so why can't this be consistent across all offerings. Truly bewilders me. The biggest offender is the ENZO. I want to love this frame but I just cannot.

Bingham

Reaction score
I would imagine this has been asked/answered before but I couldn't really find much after an initial search:

Looking to get some new JMM optical frames and would love to use my vision insurance towards them if possible. Any retailers suggestions who take VSP for frames/lenses?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remind me, what was that whole pin thing about? Why did some frames have it?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would imagine this has been asked/answered before but I couldn't really find much after an initial search:

Looking to get some new JMM optical frames and would love to use my vision insurance towards them if possible. Any retailers suggestions who take VSP for frames/lenses?
I just used Kevin at Eyes on Chagrin (as like you VSP retailer network sucks). Can’t recommend him enough!

Bingham

Reaction score
I just used Kevin at Eyes on Chagrin (as like you VSP retailer network sucks). Can’t recommend him enough!
That was the one retailer I saw mentioned on this thread- reached out yesterday. Did you do it all remote or are you in OH?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All remote. And he sourced my a pair of frames I’ve been searching all over for. Top class

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Remind me, what was that whole pin thing about? Why did some frames have it?

To hold the little JMM coat of arms thing in the arm…..I passive aggressively told them to use some of the extra glue blob that’s always on the hinges to eliminate the pin. They didn’t like that much haha

mkamp

Reaction score
I have 2x pairs brand new Marbots in Altan that I am prepared to let go at a reasonable discount to retail if anyone is interested - PM if so

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I can’t quote for some reason but @frunk i managed to get my hands on one to check it out but my main question for you is….is the pin visible on the right arm?

ucla bruin

Reaction score
I can’t quote for some reason but @frunk i managed to get my hands on one to check it out but my main question for you is….is the pin visible on the right arm?
Care to share how you managed that? I’ve convinced myself that I want a pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics