• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

tobehknese

Reaction score
Retail

Had a dealer track down a pair for me, I think only ones available worldwide as they were released last year. So so happy :)

congrats! i ordered one from ssense private sale but it was stolen during the delivery.. enjoy ur new purchase

intensanity

Reaction score
Still looking for my two grails:
• Ascari Vintage Tort
• Pasolini Collector's Box

Please DM. Willing to negotiate. Thanks.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
congrats! i ordered one from ssense private sale but it was stolen during the delivery.. enjoy ur new purchase
Oh man that sucks! Sorry to hear about that.

I think they’re releasing Fellini in additional color ways in the coming months, we’ll see what’s on offer!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man that sucks! Sorry to hear about that.

I think they’re releasing Fellini in additional color ways in the coming months, we’ll see what’s on offer!

Thinking that too. It would be silly not to do it, given the popularity of the model.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides my JMM and Persol collections I also have two frames from Lesca, an interesting French brand. They have a distinctive, quite classic design at prices well below those of JMM.

This Guru model is really attractive in my eyes.

GURU-429-F-VMVF.jpg
GURU-003B-F-VMVF.jpg
GURU-003B-S-VMP.jpg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this has been asked here in varying ways, but how's the difference between expensive and less-expensive lenses, provided you're getting the same bells and whistles (AR, etc.)? I've only had experience with two lens-providers: David Kind and whoever Anthony Aiden uses. I guess more specifically he uses Crizal and/or lens that come from my insurance.

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
I know this has been asked here in varying ways, but how's the difference between expensive and less-expensive lenses, provided you're getting the same bells and whistles (AR, etc.)? I've only had experience with two lens-providers: David Kind and whoever Anthony Aiden uses. I guess more specifically he uses Crizal and/or lens that come from my insurance.
I'm trying to find cheap priced transitions myself. I know Costco is a good price but I need to find other sources.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
The new C&Gs don’t look half bad they got the JMM thickness and the yesteryear JMM price. People must be in the know since the color that look interesting is sold out

Really like this love child of a Fellini and Jeff

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new C&Gs don’t look half bad they got the JMM thickness and the yesteryear JMM price. People must be in the know since the color that look interesting is sold out

Really like this love child of a Fellini and Jeff

I tried on a pair of Cutler and Gross at Anthony's the other day. I initially mistook it for JMM. I did not like the weight or feel of that particular pair - felt brittle.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I tried on a pair of Cutler and Gross at Anthony's the other day. I initially mistook it for JMM. I did not like the weight or feel of that particular pair - felt brittle.
If I understood correctly their acetate is hollowed out so as to not be heavy so it lacks the weight of a JMM

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads