• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FlyingHorker , I bet you could pull off the Standifords. Do they have them at the shop nearby, you could try out?

No idea, I'd have to look into it. These look very similiar to the Aldo's I tried, and I've been told these look nice on me.

Doesn't mean as much unless I try them with the lenses taken out since I'm looking for opticals.
20220917-122517.jpg

Seems like ultra chunky rectangular frames are what have been recommended to me, and are different enough to the Dealans. Duly noted, thank you.
Looks like me and you have similar skin tones. Man you’re missing out on some nice frames. I’m naturally tan but get darker in the sun and some gold frames with green lenses pop nicely. In fact I think the glacier colorway look great on darker skin. I hear you on the acetate though hard to get into the titanium frames as they are like JMMs b side and I thought like that until I tried my all time favorites the Beauregards. The Cortina in titanium are great too. They have a douchy Cazal feel but that makes them even better!
I think you’d look straight from Miami with some Cortinas (compliment ha) and would look ace
Ahhh, I see what you mean now. I agree that gold/tan glasses with green lenses look great.

I was going for that with my camel Schindlers and emerald transitions trying to copy the VT Ascari look. It didn't turn out well because most transitions don't have rich, saturated colouring.

Problem with wearing Cortinas as opticals, and other metal aviators, is the end result looks like this.

jeffrey-dahmer-inside-edition-interview.png

Definitely not a look I'm going for. Those rich green lenses are key in nailing it.

Glacier is a pretty sick colourway, and I can see myself wearing that during the summer time with camp collar shirts.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Any examples you have photos of? I really love the Sartet but I always like to see at least a few on face photos, lest I have to deal with JMM's return department.

A number of images of upcoming frames that look really good.

Looks like there is a Duke with acetate arms on the shelf that’s something I’d be interested in
Have you tried the GOAT? Try a titanium frame

View attachment 1890823

The only thing keeping me from purchasing the Beauregard at my local shop is that I just know this color way will show up on the secondary market right after I do. They say this is a 50’s frame but other than the Ray-Ban Olympian idk what it’s referencing. JMM knocked it out of the park with these.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
No idea, I'd have to look into it. These look very similiar to the Aldo's I tried, and I've been told these look nice on me.

Doesn't mean as much unless I try them with the lenses taken out since I'm looking for opticals.
20220917-122517.jpg

Seems like ultra chunky rectangular frames are what have been recommended to me, and are different enough to the Dealans. Duly noted, thank you.

Ahhh, I see what you mean now. I agree that gold/tan glasses with green lenses look great.

I was going for that with my camel Schindlers and emerald transitions trying to copy the VT Ascari look. It didn't turn out well because most transitions don't have rich, saturated colouring.

Problem with wearing Cortinas as opticals, and other metal aviators, is the end result looks like this.

jeffrey-dahmer-inside-edition-interview.png

Definitely not a look I'm going for. Those rich green lenses are key in nailing it.

Glacier is a pretty sick colourway, and I can see myself wearing that during the summer time with camp collar shirts.

I created this joke ;) but if what you’re looking for is glasses then yeah bro titanium is a no go, you’re much better off with acetate to not look like you just came off a Netflix murder special as I like to say….haha
Looks like there is a Duke with acetate arms on the shelf that’s something I’d be interested in

The only thing keeping me from purchasing the Beauregard at my local shop is that I just know this color way will show up on the secondary market right after I do. They say this is a 50’s frame but other than the Ray-Ban Olympian idk what it’s referencing. JMM knocked it out of the park with these.

I have any and every site you can think of that sells JMM saved and regularly check them for some models im looking for and I think there’s maybe one that is selling Beaus at the moment and def not the Altan color way. Out of all the JMM models that have come through my hands it’s hands down my favorite…simple easy to wear with anything and just plain cool

fmvazquez

Reaction score
I find this colorway interesting, didn't show up on the website yet.
Kind of Noir but with red as base.
Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-08 um 18.16.47.png

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find this colorway interesting, didn't show up on the website yet.
Kind of Noir but with red as base.
View attachment 1891871

This is Burgundy, one of the two translucent dark reds. This one blends into tortoise/havana; the other, Crimson, blends to clear on the inner temples and ear stems; neither have exposed wire cores.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
This is Burgundy, one of the two translucent dark reds. This one blends into tortoise/havana; the other, Crimson, blends to clear on the inner temples and ear stems; neither have exposed wire cores.

Man I really that the frames that don’t expose the wires on the outside but on the inside

4E679394-DBBB-4B52-BFE8-1DFB98672ECF.jpeg

Calin

Reaction score
I have any and every site you can think of that sells JMM saved and regularly check them for some models im looking for and I think there’s maybe one that is selling Beaus at the moment and def not the Altan color way. Out of all the JMM models that have come through my hands it’s hands down my favorite…simple easy to wear with anything and just plain cool

Beauregards are indeed one of the masterpieces of JMM’s titan frames!
I think also a beautiful and maybe more conservative frame in the same style is the Scarpa, which I also love!

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Beauregards are indeed one of the masterpieces of JMM’s titan frames!
I think also a beautiful and maybe more conservative frame in the same style is the Scarpa, which I also love!
The Altan Scarpa was the frame that caught my eye from JMM funny enough…as you can tell I really like the Altan colorway on non acetate frames

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I find the Marbot to be a work of art. Anyone have those?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I created this joke ;) but if what you’re looking for is glasses then yeah bro titanium is a no go, you’re much better off with acetate to not look like you just came off a Netflix murder special as I like to say….haha

Yeah I think we're on the same page now. The other problem with thinner frames is my lenses are thick coke bottles that protrude out of the frame.

Even tinted aviators were apparently not spared from 1970's serial killers. "The Serpent" on Netflix appears to have some nice shades for their cast.

maxresdefault.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads