• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
line up the exposed wires in the middle of the arm, all the Enzo’s I bought had the wire crooked and it looked really weird.

This is precisely why I've never considered the Enzo. It's more obvious on those frames than most others and it messes with my OCD :brick:

mbf123

Reaction score
Or it was edited, as Regis pointed out. Sigh. The pinhole doesn't bother me but not just showing the product as it is kind of does.
That's even worse attention to detail. They photoshop it out of one picture but not all of them.

mistermike

Reaction score
Size looks good to me.
Appreciated, thanks. I have the Torinos in sun too which are great but maybe a bit big for all day every day optical. Looking at the Dealan 53s too. Are they a similar, large fit like the Torino? They seem to have a more interesting shape to them which looks great

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the sartet online but having seen a few people wearing them they have looked bad every time.

Regarding Enzo wirecore and the pin showing through, my old noir 3s make sense.
The wirecore is angled so it sits under the groove, and there’s no pin showing through the arm
F810CC9B-3918-467F-B562-A1B336F795BE.jpeg

Cobra

Reaction score
I like the sartet online but having seen a few people wearing them they have looked bad every time.
Any examples you have photos of? I really love the Sartet but I always like to see at least a few on face photos, lest I have to deal with JMM's return department.

A number of images of upcoming frames that look really good.

Pakman161

Reaction score
Wonder what folks on this thread's thoughts are. I did some comparisons of changes in new frames JMM puts out just using the archives. Since 2015, JMM has consistently produced new frames every year. Below is a very quick math of those changes in their product portfolio. I just tallied up the new frames that were put out every year from the JMM archive on their website.

Folks here are talking about price increases and the drastic changes in those prices. Materials for the products can't have changed much. Those have existed since the dawn of time and Japan already commands a premium for their materials to begin with, that country is a gateway secret society where if you have connections you are set. Maybe, some supply chain issues impacted them? but JMM already artificially holds back frames by "numbering" them and saying they are limited editions, so that can't have been a major impact. Another point of consideration, and my theory - With all these increases in new frames - I can't imagine they are all "bangers". Meaning, all their frames when they are released don't sell out Every.Single.Time when released to the public. As a matter of fact, they probably took losses on some of their frames that were very, very ahead of our time by potentially selling at a loss to opticians and e-commerce shops. Just making assumptions off numbers, but 2022 looks to be their biggest production year yet and a drastic change in their strategy. Prices have to go up in order to take that kind of risk, and release so many styles with the potential that a lot of them won't be bread winners. This price point is also catered to what i would consider "upper middle class", and credit card abusers. I could foresee JMM starting to get a bit messy with their operations/processes with this kind of scaling. Looks like they're taking a big risk big reward kind of direction at this point to grow their market share, but also increasing prices accordingly to minimize as much potential loss as possible.

2015​
2016​
2017​
2018​
2019​
2020​
2021​
2022​
New Frames
4​
13​
19​
25​
25​
21​
25​
42​
year over year change
9​
6​
6​
0​
-4​
4​
17​
Percent increase/decrease
69%​
32%​
24%​
0%​
-19%​
16%​
40%​
38​
950%​
product portfolio growth from 2015 to 2022

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a very interesting summary.
Would love to k ow which were released in which year.

Some stalwarts like Molinos and Dealans seem to be available year on year with various colours. Understandable as they are more conservative.

But then you have those such as Fitzgeralds which were in a similar vein but have not been seen nor heard of for years.

Pakman161

Reaction score
It's all speculation on my part, you don't go into new products unless you know for sure it's got a high rate of success in capturing market share. If you don't know that, then you spread the risk among other product lines to at least hopefully break even in totality. So someone that never had an interest in the new "Miglia" would deal with the consequences of a price hike in their beloved "Enzo's", because JMM doesn't know for sure if pricing Miglia at $995 vs $850 would be the products demise. Would you pay $995 for an acetate frame that kind of looks like a combination of some other old JMM frames? So Enzo, Delean, and Molino each go up by $75 because they have a huge base already that drools for new colorways every year and are not sensitive to the price hike (until the economy collapses and people lose jobs). @Thin White Duke, Delean's look "sharper" I guess when comparing the two frames. You run the risk of what I would call customers being cannibalized by another product of the same when the intent is to bring in more new customers. It's like Pepsi releasing 2 different versions of Pepsi(really it's just the same thing) and all that did was split their customer base between two Pepsi products, but no net new customers. That ends up being a sunk cost.

The ones that bring in new customers are your frames that are "easy" to wear and almost universally look good on any face shape. Those would be the Delean's, Molino's, and maybe even Enzo's? Those seem to consistently come back every year in different colorways. JMM will definitely continue to put new frames out there - but those are for the connoisseurs who have become bored with the original lineups and over time slow down their purchases to 0,1, or 2 frames a year vs 4 to 5.

Below is Jerome explaining Herbie - maybe just me reading into his intent, but it seems like they are trying to pull in more new customers with some of the more conservative frames they've put out recently. Man, every frame he puts on - he looks damn good in them.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I’d be cautious. Look at the photos for the Indigo Dealan. Side view shows the pin but the close up has no pin. Can’t be the same frame. View attachment 1889189 View attachment 1889191

Aww man see I really dislike that. They keep doing it haha but I just don’t understand that if they could correct it with the Enzo why not with the Dealan and Ascari. Indigo is great color though

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on where JMM can improve in the future?

This is nitpicking, but there is a circle of glue residue where the temple arm attaches to the frame.

Also, would love to see some kind of "making of" video for how the frames are made.

I'd really like JMM to not increase their prices so they can continue and build on their legacy of being the preferred choice for hard-working style farmers everywhere.

From an authorized dealer in Japan... Looks like another price increase is coming in March 🗣

What oh nooo how are they going to continue and build on their legacy of being the preferred choice for hard-working style farmers everywhere!!

fmvazquez

Reaction score

Regarding Enzo wirecore and the pin showing through, my old noir 3s make sense.
The wirecore is angled so it sits under the groove, and there’s no pin showing through the arm
View attachment 1889847
Any Sartet pics apart from the catalogue ones?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics