• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh man, took almost a year of waiting to get a pair of Enzos with silver exposed hardware, now just waiting for optometrist to put dark lenses.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 3.23.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 3.23.09 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 126

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on where JMM can improve in the future?

This is nitpicking, but there is a circle of glue residue where the temple arm attaches to the frame.

Also, would love to see some kind of "making of" video for how the frames are made.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They can improve by telling me what the hell the fragrance in their packaging is.
It’s definitely NOT Byredo biblioteque or accord Oud like was mentioned here previously. I really really need to know and they just ghost me when I ask customer service.

Last edited:

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
They can improve by telling me what the hell the fragrance in their packaging is.
It’s definitely Byredo biblioteque or accord Oud like was mentioned here previously. I really really need to know and they just ghost me when I ask customer service.
Accord Oud as confirmed by Gary Black from Black Optical. I read that in the FB group.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah it’s definitely not that though.
Maybe they’ve used it in the past, or maybe they use different scents for different lines but the Umit and Kubrick I have gotten recently smell different to past ones I’ve received and it’s not accord Oud.

I appreciate the response though, it’s just bugging me that I can’t find it and can’t get an answer from them.

Last edited:

Pechelman

Reaction score
Been in touch with Marco at zoomer, like everyone said, super nice and quick to reply. Struggling a bit on which way to go for rx transitions on black fade Herbie's. Open to any thoughts from the collective. The green doesn't look half bad when it's only half activated but does look more grey and dingy as noted when darkened fully.

If nothing else, thought this comparison might be helpful to others considering any of these.

Herbie_Black_Fade_White_Marble_3-4_lxcv8i.jpg
20230203_200410-COLLAGE.jpg

Last edited:

ctlok

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've been on a hunt for a pair of Devaux in Dark Havana for the longest time and to my surprise it popped up on ebay today, but with a whopping $1500 price tag, almost two times the RRP. It's definitely a resell as the seller is located in Italy but the pair of sunglasses ships from Portland, US. I asked him if I could see pictures of the actual product and he said no as expected.

Now I know this is a total shot in the dark, but does any of you experts know how I can locate this pair of Devaux? Or is any of you from Portland who knows the stores that carry JMM's offline? I really need some help here. Thanks a lot

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Pechelman I personally really like brown. It's a true brown, no weird grey undertones. I have Xtractive brown lenses in my black acetate aviators, and they look and feel great to me.

I've a pair of black Dealans with sapphire transitions. They feel very grey as well, but with blue undertones.

I'd look into those two options.

@eddiemczee also has an article on transitions. I'm not sure if his are amethyst, but those might look nice with the black Herbie frames as well

Edit: Tumblr article won't post, but if you google "edwin zee transition lenses", it should show up.

majorstrange

Reaction score
It’s definitely NOT Byredo biblioteque or accord Oud like was mentioned here previously. I really really need to know and they just ghost me when I ask customer service.
I can't handle it. Makes me eyes water if the glasses are in the case and it's been blasted. I got a pair of the 1980 with the gradient lenses and the book was spritzed. Exchanged for the light blue lenses and the replacement had the case soaked. Kicking myself for not waiting to send back the first pair and keeping the not smelly case.

It's definitely the same scent from late 2021 is all I can say.

Any tips other than febreeze (I'm not worried about resale value) or white vinegar to unperfume the hardshell cases?

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok JMM obsessed friends I’m a better forum lurker than poster but I’m back with another fit comparison. Kaine vs Vendome or neither? Excuse the mirror pics and bad hair but my photographer was at work and I went in alone today.

They both look good on you. A slight preference for the Kaine.

Reaction score
Has anyone been to the store in Venice? I went the other day and holy crap the pretense is off the charts!

They have every frame imaginable and the curation of goods immaculate, but only one sales associate was working so once you enter they make you sit to the side in a waiting area. No walking around. Then if appointments come in they are prioritized. Kind of annoying.

I love high end and perceived class, but this was a turn off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads