• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
How'd you darken the lenses? I have a Molino camel that I have dark brown polarized lenses in but sometimes I like the lighter fashion look and pop the originals back in. They are just too light though (compared to the Fellini agar lenses which are light too, but dark enough to not be ridiculous). Did you do it yourself or send it off somewhere?

My du Eric at 1269 took care of it. I was ok with them ruining the lens and putting in another color (I was warned before hand) because they had to strip some layer first or it would look cloudy etc etc. but they came out perfect. I will post some pics soon. I myself love the “you can see my eyes” look but the ones on the Vendome were too light like glasses almost

fmvazquez

Reaction score
My du Eric at 1269 took care of it. I was ok with them ruining the lens and putting in another color (I was warned before hand) because they had to strip some layer first or it would look cloudy etc etc. but they came out perfect. I will post some pics soon. I myself love the “you can see my eyes” look but the ones on the Vendome were too light like glasses almost
I think I am doing same with mines!

mbf123

Reaction score
Nice. I'll give them a call, they did an awesome job on my Domotos with a fade from brown to yellow, I wonder if they can use the base yellow to do something similar instead of starting from clear like they did with those.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like instead the yellow original lenses on the Vendome Camel, they're light tinted, yet noticeably.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone tried JMM Stellar (Evangeline Smyrniotaki collection)?

They look absolutely amazing in pictures.

That's a womens collection, but the Stellar is the only model also suiting mens faces in my eyes. I would prefer the Stanley Kubrik 1980 though.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
For those interested:

CD0D25C0-FAE1-4C75-98FA-A34BFC89DE15.jpeg
20128DC5-D716-457F-AA7A-B55280B6ADEE.jpeg

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
That's a womens collection, but the Stellar is the only model also suiting mens faces in my eyes. I would prefer the Stanley Kubrik 1980 though.
I like the shape of these navigator frames, they remind me of some old John Varvatos frames I owned 15 odd years ago. I purchased these and the 1980 and should have them in hand very shortly.

mbf123

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the next collection: https://www.jacquesmariemage.com/lookbook/electric-echoes ?

Some already released: Ringo 2, Fontainebleau

Some new acetate on classic models: Enzo, Taos, Dealan, Torino, Yves

And some new: Gordon, Atkins, Miglia, Sartet, Diana, Ashcroft, Perreti, Initials, Donohu

Sartet and Ashcroft look most interesting to me, though I like the more classic shapes like Fellini / Torino / Molino.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi mates! Does anyone here have any clue about how the oncoming JMM Sartet look like?
Cheers!

Screenshot_20230202_151550_Chrome.jpg

Not bad looking, but not particularly inspiring either. Not excluded though, that I might change opinion, once I tried them on.

Last edited:

Calin

Reaction score
Ashcroft is the most tempting in my eyes. Those look like a nice continuation from the Jeffs. And I really like the lookbook image-wise

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads