• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

majorstrange

Reaction score
I am sure this has been addressed or covered, but I can't find it easily. Anyone have recommendations for prescription lenses to be put in a JMM frame either by mail or the SoCal area? I don't want to hand these over to anyone, so recs would be appreciated! TIA
I sent my Lf Dayton to Good See Co and they were fast and everything came back looking perfect.

kcainma

Reaction score
Just got my Agar Fellini’s back from Zoomer lenses. Replaced stock lenses with a gold mirror gradient lense. Really happy with the result and have the original lenses if I ever wanted to go back.

This is my second time sending JMMs in for lenses and Marco and team did another great job. Speedy turnaround and awesome customer service!
Here are some pics showing different angles indoors and an outside natural sun shot. Pardon my goofy mug. Thought this could potentially be helpful for people considering a lense replacement.

Cheers,

Casey
ECF7C755-F6E4-474A-A412-F13BEC11F055.jpeg
FD78F2E3-BC4D-4E7C-A949-20DEA899515D.jpeg
06A9946C-21BF-4D88-B42A-CC2B2CDD19D1.jpeg
F56C15B1-3C30-4C8D-9F5B-908A27DCE9EC.jpeg

fmvazquez

Reaction score
Hi mates! Does anyone here have any clue about how the oncoming JMM Sartet look like?
Cheers!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Agar Fellini’s back from Zoomer lenses. Replaced stock lenses with a gold mirror gradient lense. Really happy with the result and have the original lenses if I ever wanted to go back.

This is my second time sending JMMs in for lenses and Marco and team did another great job. Speedy turnaround and awesome customer service!
Here are some pics showing different angles indoors and an outside natural sun shot. Pardon my goofy mug. Thought this could potentially be helpful for people considering a lense replacement.

Cheers,

Casey View attachment 1884362 View attachment 1884363 View attachment 1884366 View attachment 1884365
These look good thanks for posting.
I have my charcoal Juliens with Marco right now. The only ones I could find were dummy optical lenses. I loved the look of the purple tint the original sunglasses version came with but I fear that even if I’d got them the tint wouldn’t have been dark enough for me. So I’m kicking around options with Marco.
He showed me a nice lavender lens but again I don’t think it will be dark enough. My rule of thumb is that if you can see my eyes then too much light is getting through and I’ll be squinting behind the lenses which of course defeats the point of having sunglasses. He put some great looking blue lenses in my LF Rawlings but they too weren’t dark enough and I ended up getting a midnight flash lens put in locally at Fuse so I’m now wearing those much more often. Considering a purple flash now for the Juliens - anyone done anything similar? I’d have stayed local with Fuse but I don’t think they do a purple.
Marco said he’s working on a gradient that’s also a transition for a customer with JMMs so I wonder if it was one of our group!

Has anyone ever had a bad result from from Zoomer? Do they have any policy on returns etc, or is it a case of the customer taking the risk as they’re being custom made? I was a bit sore at $135 for those blues which didn’t come out dark enough and had to be replaced.

kcainma

Reaction score
These look good thanks for posting.
I have my charcoal Juliens with Marco right now. The only ones I could find were dummy optical lenses. I loved the look of the purple tint the original sunglasses version came with but I fear that even if I’d got them the tint wouldn’t have been dark enough for me. So I’m kicking around options with Marco.
He showed me a nice lavender lens but again I don’t think it will be dark enough. My rule of thumb is that if you can see my eyes then too much light is getting through and I’ll be squinting behind the lenses which of course defeats the point of having sunglasses. He put some great looking blue lenses in my LF Rawlings but they too weren’t dark enough and I ended up getting a midnight flash lens put in locally at Fuse so I’m now wearing those much more often. Considering a purple flash now for the Juliens - anyone done anything similar? I’d have stayed local with Fuse but I don’t think they do a purple.
Marco said he’s working on a gradient that’s also a transition for a customer with JMMs so I wonder if it was one of our group!

Has anyone ever had a bad result from from Zoomer? Do they have any policy on returns etc, or is it a case of the customer taking the risk as they’re being custom made? I was a bit sore at $135 for those blues which didn’t come out dark enough and had to be replaced.

Thank you! Fuse has the cosmic which is a purple mirror with grey base I think.Not sure if that’s what you’re looking for.

With zoomer both times I just purchased his off the shelf lenses so cost was relatively low ($64 with shipping both ways). The first frame I sent in were a pair of Enzo’s I had purchased used that I had his green lenses put in. While he had the glasses he cleaned up some scratches on the frames free of charge which I really appreciated. Considering the cost I thought it was great he put in the extra effort.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any experience with his custom lenses to offer any opinion regarding those.

Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Hope you end up with lenses you’re happy with.

Cheers,

Casey

ColdinMN

Reaction score
I have used Zoomer a few times. The anti-glare coating is smudging on a pair of prescription lenses less than a year old so Marco is going to replace them for free (1 year warranty).

I reached out to Marco recently regarding having prescription lenses put into a pair of Molino Hickory. I’m trying to decide between emerald (green) or sapphire (blue) lenses. No gradient, maybe transitions. Here are a few pictures of lenses.

AB38F0EE-02CB-434E-AB6C-B6C495B9468C.jpeg
A8833520-9447-4089-8850-62E19D46BE16.jpeg

These are emerald, G15, and sapphire colors.

For reference, the red lens below has a gradient, 20% to 50%.

99BC25FC-BF36-4A8B-811C-8417D76D639F.jpeg

Not sure what I’ll end up doing. Marco has been great to work with. The prices for prescription lenses at Zoomer are the same as what I would pay using my insurance. So if I get one pair a year, it’s through my local optician. If I get more, I buy online and use Zoomer.

It’s so hard picking out colors online.

Hope this is helpful.

Pechelman

Reaction score
I think the emerald would be my pick with the hickory frame.

Is the best way to call zoomer and ask for Marco before placing an order? Does he have more options available than shown online? I'm looking to get a set of prescription transitions put in on a set of black fade Herbie's and was pretty certain I'd go for the green Xtra active to closest match the stock lens color.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the emerald would be my pick with the hickory frame.

Is the best way to call zoomer and ask for Marco before placing an order? Does he have more options available than shown online? I'm looking to get a set of prescription transitions put in on a set of black fade Herbie's and was pretty certain I'd go for the green Xtra active to closest match the stock lens color.
I have transitions on a lot of my frames, and I find most of the colours to be dingy IMO. A lot of them have grey undertones.

The stock lens colours are often richer.

So far I like brown the most, because it feels like a true brown.

ColdinMN

Reaction score
I initially emailed Zoomer directly from the website. I think Marco answers most of the emails himself. There probably are more options for lenses than are listed on the website.

The color in transition-type lenses may not be as vivid as original lenses but the utility seems good. That said, I recently sold off my only pair of frames with transition lenses. I kept the lenses in case I buy another frame, but I just didn’t wear the transitions as much as I thought I would.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Fortunately, I don’t live far away from Zoomer, and Marco is the best. He can do just about any custom lens you can imagine. I am s so happy for his success, he really works hard, is always fair and deserves every good thing.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score

Cheers,

Casey View attachment 1884362 View attachment 1884363 View attachment 1884366 View attachment 1884365
Wait,,,you SMILED?! I don’t know if you are allowed a smiling selfy? 😉. The frames look great, and nice smile you got there. Keep smiling.

Pechelman

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'll definitely reach out first before ordering something off the website.

For those lukewarm over transitions, were you after sunglasses that you could use indoors or optical glasses that could be used outdoors on occasion? (If that made any sense)

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Enzo Sunkiss.

I was sent these pics today. Will need to check out in person, but the frame at least seems similar to Shironeri, except with silver hardware.

I really like how these look, especially with the gradient lens.

887423AC-8D07-4D71-95EE-4C000AD7732D.jpeg
3AAC90C7-6A6E-46E8-95EA-DD2E397ABBC4.jpeg
2F0023C9-A485-415F-94CE-01109562AB6E.jpeg

There is also a black frame with a red looking finish on the inside of the frame, named Bloodstone. These I may be interested in as my new black RX frame. Doing so would mean putting my blue lenses back in my black Marquina frames.

CA7BD689-2CCA-41FC-BF79-17D41ED9D3A9.jpeg

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Enzo Sunkiss.

I was sent these pics today. Will need to check out in person, but the frame at least seems similar to Shironeri, except with silver hardware.

I really like how these look, especially with the gradient lens.

View attachment 1885245 View attachment 1885241 View attachment 1885247

There is also a black frame with a red looking finish on the inside of the frame, named Bloodstone. These I may be interested in as my new black RX frame. Doing so would mean putting my blue lenses back in my black Marquina frames.

View attachment 1885249

Looking gorgeous.

About Bloodstone: frankly don't understand these several variations on black, the more this one appears "just" black outside. But certainly there will be also fans.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics