• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

lsterling

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of meeting up IRL with @swf999 this evening at Black Optical's JMM event celebrating the launch of the Herbie. It was a blast! Great to connect with other enthusiasts and see some awesome frames! received_881375489881160.jpeg received_543052341054003.jpeg

Calin

Reaction score
Heeei guys! So nice seeing you ;)

Maybe you can share a bit from the show aswell

lsterling

Reaction score
Heeei guys! So nice seeing you ;)

Maybe you can share a bit from the show aswell
I so wish I could but I've been sworn to secrecy! I will say that the Herbie really surprised me with how much I like its shape. At first glance I thought it was a pretty run-of-the-mill frame, but once I tried it on I must say that I'm impressed with what they did with that frame. It certainly deserves a try-on. The next Last Frontier collection, for those of you who are waiting for it, will be coming in the spring.

On a side note, they were selling a few archival pieces to support the Tulsa Youth Symphony - the Arapaho and PCH were especially noteworthy. They auctioned a Turquoise Ascari and Cobalt Herbie as well. The highlight, honestly, was getting to rub elbows with real life and online friends alike and talking shop with Gary Black, Steven from JMM, so on and so forth.

MoreArtPlease

Reaction score
New to the forum but am a JMM enthusiast! Not sure if anyone here was looking for Evans but hellovisionist stocked them today in all 3 colors on their site and I’ve been looking for them since I missed the original release !

Here’s the link-

Have a great day guys! Happy to be here!

lsterling

Reaction score
New to the forum but am a JMM enthusiast! Not sure if anyone here was looking for Evans but hellovisionist stocked them today in all 3 colors on their site and I’ve been looking for them since I missed the original release !

Here’s the link-

Have a great day guys! Happy to be here!
Welcome!

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone had an opportunity to try the Herbie? It's really piqued my interest and was curious if anyone can compare it to any of the other JLM frames?

MoreArtPlease

Reaction score
Anyone had an opportunity to try the Herbie? It's really piqued my interest and was curious if anyone can compare it to any of the other JLM frames?

I had the opportunity of trying these on this past week in the black fade. I’d say they were comparable to the Fitzgerald with the temples being slimmer on the Herbies.

ColdinMN

Reaction score

I have tried them on recently. I don’t have experience with a large number of frames. I would say that they’re lighter than the Molino or Dealan, but heavier than the Prudhon. Maybe similar to the Arshile? I actually liked them a lot more than I thought.

lsterling

Reaction score
I have tried them on recently. I don’t have experience with a large number of frames. I would say that they’re lighter than the Molino or Dealan, but heavier than the Prudhon. Maybe similar to the Arshile? I actually liked them a lot more than I thought.
They do bear some resemblance to Arshile. Kind of an Arshile/Fitzgerald crossover. I also feel like it could be an all-acetate take on a Clubmaster-ish frame. Definitely a cool one.

MeatFish

Reaction score
Picked up the Lakes off of holiday sale, they’re like the Schindler Sr. Reallly wanted the clear frames + pink lense ones, but the garnet was too good to pass on. Thinking of doing a dark green lens on these? But might keep tonal

75697ACD-9603-450D-A500-2814C0087EB5.jpeg
5540FFC6-F255-4253-BACF-718713326261.jpeg

Last edited:

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I like the idea of them being lighter than the Dealan. I really like the Dealan but man, that weight has been a hard thing for me to get used to!

-Calin, those look great!

swf999

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads