• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Evans from Anthony Aiden today.

Screenshot_20221129_185431_com.android.gallery3d_edit_229749275585775.jpg

watchguy1234

Reaction score
Hi friends. I'm letting a pair of Walkers in Walnut go if anyone in the US is interested. Looking for $649.

IMG_5177.jpeg
IMG_5178.jpeg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The total frame width is measured with farthest point to each other from each side. In this case 150MM is from each protuding tips.

On the other hand Kobo is 143MM. Kellerman is 144MM that because the two ends joining the frame after emblems are bit wider. The Kellerman looks perfect on smaller face. Mishima is 147MM. But again, they are measuring two ends point with after the emblems. That frame felt wide and big. But that's a style.

Now I think of it, Eva may look okay. the 150MM from each tips will be wider on the temple level and not on eye level. and 53mm lens width from widest point within the frame would be similar to any other JMMs rectangular frames.

It is just that they feel bit feminine. I don't think would be good for eyeglasses. I would rather get Standiford for eyeglasses.
Ahhh that makes a lot more sense now, thank you.

Yeah the Eva is quite feminine. I find JMMs feminine frames to be more interesting, they're often sharp and angular.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not aware of any photochromatic lens that turns that color green. Is that transitions emerald maybe? Love the base tint. Is that a yellowish brown? Very nice. I approve wholeheartedly.
Love this!!! What's colour is base tint? And what transitions (gen8 or xtractive) colour it goes to? if you don't mind sharing that?
The lenses are 20% moss green with grafite transitions

So I believe a base tint 20% moss green, then Gen 8 Graphite Green transitions.

Last edited:

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@obecity I thought transition lenses are essentially all made by one company Esillor. Graphite green is a shade option for Gen 8 transitions. Not sure if it was in previous gens.

obecity

Reaction score
@obecity I thought transition lenses are essentially all made by one company Esillor. Graphite green is a shade option for Gen 8 transitions. Not sure if it was in previous gens.
Ooooooh! Graphite green! I know that color. Sorry for my confusion. Thank you. Great lens treatment!

lsterling

Reaction score
So I asked this question a while back without an answer and then reached out to JJM. They do offer original lens replacement. It was $150. Passing along in case anyone finds that useful.
That is good to know but oof. Can get way better lenses put in for around the same, as long as you don't care about them being the same as original.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is good to know but oof. Can get way better lenses put in for around the same, as long as you don't care about them being the same as original.
Yeah and as discussed in here JMM lenses often aren’t that special.
I got my LF Rawlins and they came with clear optical dummy lenses. I sent them to zoom for blue lenses but was disappointed with the result - nice colour but not dark enough.
A few years ago I was looking for replacement lenses for a pair of New Wayfsrers and was about to buy some off eBay until I noticed that the vendor was not far from me in Clearwater FL so I went in person to get them replaced.
For some reason I’d forgotten about this until recently but took my Rawlins there a couple of weeks ago. The place is called ’Fuse Lenses’ they put in midnight blue flash lenses in while I waited and with a cleaning cloth and fluid it came to $50. I’m much happier with how they look. They don’t have a massive range but do have some more exotic flash (subtle mirror) colours.

https://www.fuselenses.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6b_MucvX-wIV0IFaBR0FVwAIEAAYASAAEgI5FvD_BwE

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads