• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

tobehknese

Reaction score
Try this …

They were excellent to deal with. A bit old fashioned ie not set up for PayPal etc but smooth transaction. I speak passable French which made it easier up front but then dealt with Eric who speaks good English. I think case plus postage was around $300 and it was delivered in about three days. Quality is great.
Only drawback is that I don’t think I’ll take it out of the house so it will just be my own luxurious way of stashing my JMMs!

thanks so much!

swf999

Reaction score
And finally a big thanks to whoever it was upthread who recommended Ghichaud as the manufacturer of those swanky suitcases. They have an amazing range of colour combinations - many in stock for immediate delivery and others can be special ordered. My personal preference - again in bright blue - was in stock so here it is …

View attachment 1861994 View attachment 1861995
Top left - Comanche in reserve
Too right - Fatale in blue
Mid left - Herbie in blue
Mid right - LF Rawlins in black with custom blue flash lenses
Bottom left - Fellini in hickory
Bottom right - Yellowstone Dealan in wolf
T Henri makes similar briefcases. Their Monaco series! It is super sleek but expensive AF

Last edited:

Calin

Reaction score
Got a few incoming recently.
First up Fatale. I know titanium frames aren’t usually that popular here.
I never cared much for the Velvet Underground but when I was a teenager I was massively influenced by The Jam.

Fatale suits you really nice and there is also an extra plus - it 'completes' your Bowie look 😏

Pureneat

Reaction score
Next up - Herbie in blue.
I find the variance in the JMM thread amusing as there’s a broad range of tastes. I admit to leaning towards the more conservative end of the spectrum. I like the chunky acetate but not the huge frames like Kobo and Taos. Conversely I’m getting bored with so many frames coming out in variations of brown and black. Enter the Herbie - opinion was immediately divided following the release with something of a consensus that the frame shape was too ordinary (fine by me!) but one or two saying the bright blue was too funky and wild (also fine by me!)

Again since JMM finally made a frame in my favourite bright blue I had to give these a try. I love the colour and would even have liked them to be a bit more flashy despite my claim above that I lean toward the more conservative styles. Engraved wiring would be good. The allegedly blue lenses seem decidedly gray to me. Still I got lucky with a release of only 50 so if these start to gather dust with lack of use I should make my money back. They fit me very solidly and the shape is very close to my Rawlins, just without the keyhole bridge.

View attachment 1861986 View attachment 1861987 View attachment 1861988 View attachment 1861989 View attachment 1861990
Love the Union Jack Phone case…..so Mod, the Fatales look great on you and the blue suits so well, talking of which the Herbies really are killer on you… quite the collection you have now.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fmvazquez

Reaction score
Next up - Herbie in blue.
I find the variance in the JMM thread amusing as there’s a broad range of tastes. I admit to leaning towards the more conservative end of the spectrum. I like the chunky acetate but not the huge frames like Kobo and Taos. Conversely I’m getting bored with so many frames coming out in variations of brown and black. Enter the Herbie - opinion was immediately divided following the release with something of a consensus that the frame shape was too ordinary (fine by me!) but one or two saying the bright blue was too funky and wild (also fine by me!)

Again since JMM finally made a frame in my favourite bright blue I had to give these a try. I love the colour and would even have liked them to be a bit more flashy despite my claim above that I lean toward the more conservative styles. Engraved wiring would be good. The allegedly blue lenses seem decidedly gray to me. Still I got lucky with a release of only 50 so if these start to gather dust with lack of use I should make my money back. They fit me very solidly and the shape is very close to my Rawlins, just without the keyhole bridge.

View attachment 1861986 View attachment 1861987 View attachment 1861988 View attachment 1861989 View attachment 1861990
As said before I was skeptical about the Herbie, but in Cobalt they are awesome. They fit you and your style really well.
I like the blue theme that your collection has, gives it an identity, and the blue case is the icing of the cake.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New collaboration: Evangelie Smyrniotaki X JMM.

Screenshot (135).png

swf999

Reaction score
The collection is now live on the JMM website.
They are super bold. But don't know if meant for females? Apart from the Titanium, they don't look like meant for males. The Titanium is way too big for my face. It's a cooler one though. But only as sunglasses I feel.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Eva is really cool. I'd love to try that one on, very pointy and angular.

The website says total frame width is 150mm.

That sounds enormous?

swf999

Reaction score
The Eva is really cool. I'd love to try that one on, very pointy and angular.

The website says total frame width is 150mm.

That sounds enormous?
The total frame width is measured with farthest point to each other from each side. In this case 150MM is from each protuding tips.

On the other hand Kobo is 143MM. Kellerman is 144MM that because the two ends joining the frame after emblems are bit wider. The Kellerman looks perfect on smaller face. Mishima is 147MM. But again, they are measuring two ends point with after the emblems. That frame felt wide and big. But that's a style.

Now I think of it, Eva may look okay. the 150MM from each tips will be wider on the temple level and not on eye level. and 53mm lens width from widest point within the frame would be similar to any other JMMs rectangular frames.

It is just that they feel bit feminine. I don't think would be good for eyeglasses. I would rather get Standiford for eyeglasses.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are super bold. But don't know if meant for females? Apart from the Titanium, they don't look like meant for males. The Titanium is way too big for my face. It's a cooler one though. But only as sunglasses I feel.

Yes, like other ones in the past (Euphoria and Lou Doillon for example) this is clearly a women collection and the only model which can suit a male face is in my opinion the Stellar, the metal one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads