• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Jsimpson02

Reaction score
Frames in lower pic the new Evans? I preordered both of them but its been so long I forget what they look like. Anyone have images or seen them out in the wold yet?
15D3DB9D-BDBC-41AF-AA65-3F365C574907.jpeg

lsterling

Reaction score
I also like the Felson, but possibly more the upcoming Evans.
I'll be honest with you, I don't know that I can tell a difference. I actually have my Army Felson in front of me right now and comparing to the photos of the Evans, I really don't see any changes except maybe a little more acetate at the temple around the arrowhead shields. I have a feeling the differences with be extremely minimal, which makes me wonder why they're bringing out the Evans in Hickory when the Felson was already made in that colorway.

Jsimpson02

Reaction score
I'll be honest with you, I don't know that I can tell a difference. I actually have my Army Felson in front of me right now and comparing to the photos of the Evans, I really don't see any changes except maybe a little more acetate at the temple around the arrowhead shields. I have a feeling the differences with be extremely minimal, which makes me wonder why they're bringing out the Evans in Hickory when the Felson was already made in that colorway.
Have the Felson as well. If memory serves the Evans was not as wide when I tried on.

lsterling

Reaction score
Have the Felson as well. If memory serves the Evans was not as wide when I tried on.
Ahhh, that makes sense. I never tried that one on at my trunk show; hopefully they still fit my big noggin. I'd probably like to get at least one, if not more, of the Evans when it finally makes its debut.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see the Evans somewhat sharper, more rectangular? Difficult to say, without a side by side comparison. You're totally right, I would have chosen another colourway than Hickory.

lsterling

Reaction score
I see the Evans somewhat sharper, more rectangular? Difficult to say, without a side by side comparison. You're totally right, I would have chosen another colourway than Hickory.
I do see what you're talking about. The lower outside corners are an angle rather than a radius. Other than that, I'm really not seeing much of a difference, which is fine with me since I already love the Felson. If it is smaller, hopefully not by too much - sorry to the small head gang but daddy needs his Evans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads